Staff DITA Information Architect
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208399
Position Title: Information Engineer (IV)
Staff DITA Information Architect
Location: Hyderabad, India
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
What’s the opportunity?
We are welcoming a Staff DITA Information Architect to our team of skilled technical communicators and content operation experts, as we form a new team of top talent in Hyderabad to work with our local development teams.
As an Information Architect at Teradata, you play an important role in the overall user experience as you analyze, design, and construct technical documentation deliverables for multiple formats, to help our half a million users efficiently perform their job.
- Determine, communicate, and align appropriate architectural strategies for content deliverables. Examples include the use of filtering, versioning, reuse, metadata, etc.
- Perform advanced tasks in our DITA/CCMS environment, where attention to detail is of the essence.
- Work with content developers to consult and support content design and structure decisions.
- Determined to never hold anybody up, organize and prioritize your work to provide timely support and feedback to technical writers.
- Work with other Information Architects to align and approach content problems in a consistent and efficient manner. It’s essential that we keep our content aligned despite it being produced on opposite sides of the world.
- Publish approved content to our website
- Leverage your content management expertise to ensure our content is created, published, and maintained efficiently.
- Keep your skills current and actively contribute to evolving our best practices, identify opportunities to improve our content, and make our processes more efficient.
- As needed, manage cross-functional projects and strategic initiatives.
- As needed, author technical content.
- A Bachelor’s degree, a technical background, and at least eight years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience and thorough technical knowledge of DITA XML and component content management systems (CCMS), enabling you to troubleshoot issues and develop effective architectural content strategies. We author using Ixiasoft CCMS and oXygen editor.
- Working experience of content development for enterprise level products.
- Service minded and positive collaborator. Ability to process writers’ requests in a timely fashion, and patiently educate others on tools and standards when needed.
- Excellent command of the English language. We use American English.
- Great attention to detail, but ability to also see the bigger picture and business needs.
- Curiosity, desire, and skills to excel within different areas of content production. You enjoy learning about new technologies, trends, and concepts as they come along.
- An understanding that standards should be both followed and challenged.
- Apt at being simultaneously self-reliant and collaborative. You can take an assignment and run with it, and take charge if needed.
- Product experience: Experience using or documenting analytics or database software and applications.
- Technical skills: Python, R, API, SQL, and Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Developing and publishing web HTML content, following SEO best practices.
- Developing documentation in an agile environment.
- Background in software testing or programming
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Staff DITA Information Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN