Requisition Number: 217878
What You’ll Do:
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on the Infrastructure Engineering team to develop our world-class on-prem offering of Teradata Vantage Reference Architectures Powered by Dell Technologies. This is our high-performance, highly scalable, highly available architecture that leverages VantageCore VMware to support production analytics workloads. Our Infrastructure Team is focused on delivering the latest analytical solution technology to our customers at scale with a primary focus on virtualization.
In this role you will be:
- Contribute to Vantage on VMware automation development
- Collab with different Application teams to integrate their apps into Vantage on VMware automation
- Implementation and ongoing support of the on premise cloud Infrastructure
- Implement and maintain security measures for virtualized environments, including access controls, network segmentation, and VM isolation
- Triage and escalate customer issues to corresponding team
- Create and maintain documentation related to virtualization configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting guides
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of virtualization and will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our platform infrastructure on-prem solution. They will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that our platform infrastructure is efficient, reliable, and scalable.
Who You’ll Work With:
This position is for a Software Developer for our Platform Infrastructure team. Our team is comprised of engineers working on developing the latest on-premises solution leveraging the most current virtualization technology (e.g., VMware), while driving to provide the highest performance on these newest offerings.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate:
- Solid understanding of virtualization technology including hypervisors and network virtualization
- Solid knowledge of vSphere, vSan, vMotion, vCenter and/or vRa
- Solid knowledge of Linux operating system
- Experience with deployment of Enterprise servers, switches, and storage arrays in a virtualized environment
- Experience of automating VMware environment using any of the following language PowerCLI, python, go
- Experience of configuration automation tools like Ansible, puppet
- Experience of using CICD tools like GitLab, Jenkins, ArgoCD
Minimum Education and Residency Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 2+ years of work experience
What You’ll Bring:
- Broad understanding of technology and systems while investigating and solving complex problems
- Openness to learn new things and work in a collaborative team environment
- Delivers commitments on time with highest quality. Demonstrates speed as a habit and has a bias for action
- Finds ways to learn and evolve, is curious, dives deep and asks questions. Always knows the details
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: VMWare Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX