Junior Cloud Engineer
Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
Requisition Number: 212799
We are looking for cloud engineers who will have front end responsibilities to deliver great customer, developer and operational-user experiences for our Vantage Cloud Platform and ecosystem components. In this role, you will work closely with Cloud Services, Platform and Infrastructure teams to gain a deeper understanding of different persona-based use-cases and assist development of feature-sets that provide administration, monitoring and operational capabilities in a self-service and managed offerings model in a multi-tenant console dashboard.
- Implement, deploy and maintain web-based multi-tenant, cloud native front-end applications to provide manageability and operational visibility to our Vantage cloud platform offerings
- Should be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to develop and meet business objectives and help create and evaluate new product ideas/designs
- Follow best practices that produce maintainable code, including usability patterns, code style conformity, integration, testing, and code review.
- Participate in detailed reviews of design, architecture, and code produced by other engineers within the team
- Recommend alternate approaches, analyze impacts, and provide sizing estimates
- Collaborate with other cross-platform team members to build effective integrations
- Help prepare service and feature-related documentation – functional specifications, design considerations, architecture compliance, GAP analysis, etc. spanning multiple phases of the SDLC.
- Analyze, design and develop test cases and implement automated test suites
- Stay abreast of technology trends and industry best practices to hone and maintain your talent
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and their use in NestJS and GraphQL framworks
- Understanding of data structure, database design and management on any of the traditional RDBMS (e.g. PostgreSQL) or NoSQL DB (e.g. DynamoDB, Redis)
- Experience in implementing end-to-end cloud native services on AWS (Lambda, Cloudfront) - a plus
- Comfortable working with CI/CD pipelines and deploying services and applications on public cloud infrastructure.
- Knowledge in writing Automated Test Suites using frameworks like Jasmine, Jest, or Selenium
- Familiarity with TDD and concepts like mocking and stubbing for unit / integration tests.
- Thrive in an environment that requires you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers
- Shows passion and willingness to learn and grow their own skills to the next level.
- Great oral and written communication skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Junior Cloud Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US