Technical Customer Success Manager - Healthcare Vertical
Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin US
Requisition Number: 210916
Technical Customer Success Manager - Healthcare Vertical
Our Customer Success Managers are highly respected for their knowledge, skills and empathy to meet our customers’ business challenges through the use of data and analytics at scale. And as our customers rank among the best and largest in their industry, including leading financial institutions, manufacturers, Telcos, retailers, airlines, major government entities and others, this respect is hard earned. We believe the best way to achieve high value outcomes for our customers is to foster a community of people who love data and the world changing possibilities that analytics can provide.
You’ll be part of a team helping your customers with analytical solutions to their business challenges. Our Customer Success Manager will operate as a trusted advisor focused on ensuring the customer gets access to the best knowledge of our solutions, Architectures, technical detail and delivery know how, that will ensure their success. The Customer Success Manager establishes and enhances customer relationships that promote retention and loyalty and provides technical expertise and a link to Teradata experts to assist customers in getting value out of their investment in Teradata.
So, you will be smart, adaptive, curious and consultative, with a great attitude and focused on helping your customers understand how analytics provides successful solutions for their business challenges. You will be a knowledge seeker, constantly searching and collaborating with colleagues, customers and partners. As a Customer Success Manager, you will thrive in a team, working closely with our Account Executives, Business Consultants, delivery consultants, field engineers and the extended support organization.
You are a good communicator, with an ability to see both the widescreen and the close-up of how technology provides solutions and opportunities for your customers. And when we say communicate, we mean you’ll be talking with everyone from the DBA to senior executives; comfortable and confident that you’ll deliver the best possible solutions for your customer. So, you will have a good deal of responsibility, but you will also have autonomy to make your own decisions, and what you will learn and gain in experience just isn’t found anywhere else.
You will be a ‘trusted advisor’ to your client; your technology leadership, experience, not forgetting your business skills, means you can seek out and develop opportunities for Teradata solutions that meet your customer’s needs. You will also keep up with our competitors’ capabilities, because your customer needs confidence in your understanding of their data challenges. We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything; in fact, we would prefer you to have wide and far-reaching knowledge and experience, with perhaps a specialism field or two that you are knowledgeable in. And whatever your particular experience, you can explain, demonstrate and deliver right across the board in your customer’s organization.
So, if your passion for real, deliverable solutions to some of the biggest data challenges in the world matches ours, and what we’ve said appeals to your sense of adventure, come and work for us.
What you will be doing...
- You will have one or more target accounts, which in partnership with the Account Team, you develop a relevant, actionable customer success plan
- Inspire confidence in Teradata software and services through your professionalism and expertise to ensure the customer is successful in their utilisation and adoption of Teradata technology
- Drive utilization of Teradata software and services, through the success of the customer
- Educate customer on how to use Teradata solutions to solve their most demanding business issues
- Serves as trusted technical advisor to client and facilitator of additional Teradata SMEs and functions
- Increase use of Teradata software through positioning of new features, and adding new applications
- Demonstrates technical expertise and credibility with customers, from technical admin to CIO
- Partner with other account team members on overall account planning and strategy
- Partner with the account team and renewal managers to ensure renewals are completed on time as well as looks for opportunities for upselling.
What skills are needed for ideal candidates
- ‘Passionate’ and enthusiastic about data, analytics and Teradata – after all, we are…
- Have at least 5+ years hands-on experience in architecting / designing / supporting / delivering analytic solutions for large enterprises in either a pre-sales or delivery role
- A clear, confident and persuasive communicator, who can make a clear and understandable logical argument and successfully defend their position
- Demonstrate ability to understand the customers’ needs and provide thought leadership to influence and build trust at different customer levels
- Have a keen interest and understanding of developments in the data and analytic technology world
- Have an excellent ability to multi-task and juggle priorities while ensuring you and the teams work life balance is kept in check
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and, of course, be proficient in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills
- Have a degree level qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- Prior Customer Success experience preferred.
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
Grade and salary are commensurate with the demands of the role and based on skills and experience. And you can work from a local Teradata facility or virtually, depending upon your preference.
You will meet with customers and account teams in-person, and a small amount of local and international travel is needed from time to time for training purposes. The role allows for some flexibility of working hours in line with the immediate needs of your customers and the account team.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Customer Success Manager - Healthcare Vertical
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: La Crosse, Wisconsin US