AI and Analytics Sales Executive Manufacturing
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Requisition Number: 217481
What You'll Do
Teradata’s comprehensive suite of AI/ML technologies and capabilities, externally branded as
ClearScape Analytics, enables the largest and most analytically sophisticated organizations in the
world operationalize analytics at-scale on the Vantage platform.
The AI and Analytics Sales Executive is an experienced and expert seller comfortable working across
analytics and line of business buying centers to drive continued growth from target customers and
prospects. Comfortable with engaging with senior stakeholders they identify, co-lead and co-manage
sales motions for opportunities within the Manufacturing industry working with the account executives and go-to-market teams. They have quota ownership for expansions and sales opportunities to line of business and analytics buying centers at our top targets.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Achieving expansion targets - in coordination with Account Executives, Customer Success
Managers, and Industry Strategists, you will build and manage an expansion opportunity
pipeline for ClearScape Analytics with an industry focus, sufficient to achieve current and
• Account planning & strategy – you will coordinate and execute the sales strategy for your
focus industry; from top-down awareness, contacting and engaging analytics and business
influencers, through to use cases and associated analytics value propositions.
• Relationship building – developing credibility and establishing relationships based on
analytics knowledge, application to real world scenarios, and focusing on generating value
for the customer, you will engage personas at appropriate levels – influencers, decision
makers and economic buyers.
• Customer consideration & influence – lead discovery & scoping activities that highlight
ClearScape value differentiators and lead to strong business case development.
• Sales Opportunity Management – demonstrate strong control of all sales motions including
opportunity stage progression from awareness, consideration to close. Managing
opportunities using indicators including MEDDPICC scores, sales stages and aging, as
• Internal Evangelism – Educate the wider Teradata Go-To-Market population on customer,
industry and market trends, successes and key learnings.
• Contribute to Industry Strategy – aligning to industry analytics maturity and common
themes that can be leveraged to define an engagement strategy for an account.
• Teradata Point of View & Roadmap – Stay current and influence Teradata AI strategy,
roadmap and differentiation.
Who You'll Work With
Working closely with data scientists, industry strategists and partners the AI Industry Specialist will
accelerate the ability to expand and acquire new customers, contribute to industry strategy and play
a key role in evolving the capabilities of the GTM organization.
• Account Team: Co-lead with the Account Executive to understand and develop account
goals, strategy, objectives, & tactics to target the AI &/or Line of Business Buying Centers
• Industry Strategy: Works with Industry Strategist to align on key trends, partners, our POV,
sample use-case curation and messaging.
• Data Science & Sales Tech: Works with Pre-Sales Data Scientists, Architects and Solution
Engineers to understand ”as is” and “to be” analytics strategy and landscape
• Client Services & Partner Sales: Works with Consulting and Partners to deploy post PoC /
PoVs and create supporting proposals.
• Customer Success: Works with Customer Success Managers to understand customer usage
patterns (via telemetry) and key user communities, drive customer education & adoption of
features, and execute the overall account plan.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business or analytics related field.
• 8-12 years of experience selling, consulting and/or leveraging software & services specifically
in the AI/ML and data analytics space
• Demonstrated success in developing and managing complex enterprise software sales
and/or large account relationships in the Manufacturing industry.
• Proven ability to interact effectively with ‘C’ and VP level executives.
What You'll Bring
• Is driven, innovative, a self-starter and strategic thinker with strong executive presence
• Can lead, advise, and advocate for customers and is able to build trusted relationships with
• Possesses account management discipline across all sales stages
• Has previous experience selling statistical, machine learning, text, path, AI, etc. AI &/or
• Has awareness and comprehension of the latest AI/ML & GenAI analytics techniques and
how they apply to business decisions.
• Possesses excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Thrives in teamwork environment, is collaborative and recognizes the value of different
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: AI and Analytics Sales Executive Manufacturing
Job Category: Sales
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP