Location: Moscow, Moskva RU
Requisition Number: 205225
Position Title: Analytics Consulting II
A Data Scientist plays essential role in big data era by focusing on solving business problems and delivering measurable outcomes using various leading edge algorithms to process massive streams of data analyze data sets and finds subtle patterns in data that have never been seen before.
A Data Scientist role combines technical knowledge with business oriented thinking and strong communication skills which are required to convey complex analytical results to business sponsors of big data analytics programs.
A Data Scientist position is perfectly suited for an individual who combines creativity and innovation with strong technical background and who likes to participate on the challenging opportunities and have a deep appreciation of data, its complexities and the ability to find new actionable insights.
Teradata is global leader in data analytics with hundreds of big data installations around the world. We believe that enabling our customers to successfully leverage Analytics - both to improve their existing businesses and to develop entirely new products and services - is central to our competitive differentiation and to our ability to generate sustained demand for “big data” solutions.
- We offer working in the most growing and innovative segment of market on biggest data sets using cutting edge technologies for gaining insights from vast amounts and various types of data, incl. traditional data sets, machine logs, sensor data and many more.
- You will benefit from knowledge-sharing and support of established data science communities of practice and influenced by the most innovative leaders in big data analytics with international experience from global accounts.
- You will tackle the greatest business challenges and unique analytical problems of our clients - and, in particular, those that depend upon non-traditional Analytics (like path, graph and time-series Analytics) and/or non-traditional data (like weblog and machine-log data).
- Clarify and translate business problems into technical requirements and design analytical solutions using various data science / advanced analytics / data mining techniques.
- Work closely with client teams to generate insights, diagnose problems, and provide information for business and product decisions by transforming very large data sets into actionable information.
- Perform both regular and ad-hoc analysis leveraging a wide array of data tools and techniques from open source to proprietary.
- Interpret and document the analysis and results and communicate the information effectively to the client.
- Actively participate on knowledge sharing process within the regional analytics team and the entire company.
- Exploration: Base skills in statistics, algorithms, machine learning, and mathematics. A solid grounding in these principles is required to actually extract signals from the data and build solution with it.
- Communication: Making the results real by making data available to users. This involves communicating the results of analysis clearly and effectively to both business and technical users in presentations. Lead the discussion and guide the integration of the data visualization layer with the underlying platform to best showcase the output of the data. Upper-intermediate English language.
- Ability to: understand business problem and potential business benefits, done data representation, data ETL for further analytics.
- Flexibility: Ability to work effectively as a real team player, ability to collaborate with international teams.
- Experience: 3 years of experience on relevant analytical projects with consultancy characteristics. Familiarity with large data sets and distributed computing based on MapReduce principles (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, Teradata Aster, etc.), familiarity with SQL and experience with at least one programming language, preferably R, Java, Python or Scala. While advanced coding techniques are not required, the candidate needs to be aware of the open source libraries and packages available.
- PhD/Masters/bachelor's degree in Statistics or Computer Science, and / or relevant work experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of analytical toolsets, such as SPSS, SAS etc. is a plus.
- Knowledge across multiple industries is a plus.
- Complementary Skills: BI tools (Tableau, Qlikview, SAP BO etc.) ), visualization tools (gephi, d3.js, etc.).
- Ability to initiate and drive analytical/data science projects to completion with minimal guidance is a plus.
- Ability to innovate, to creatively design solutions and to automate processes is a plus.
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives in big data analytics environments is a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Moscow, Moskva RU