Senior Quality Engineering Evangelist
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 204448
Position Title: Quality Engineer (V)
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too. If You love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad, and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune the team is in excess of 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and the recent flagship Vantage product. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world-renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering.
Sound appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for an experienced Quality program Accountable to join our Teradata India for our Teradata ‘Cloud’ and ‘On Prem’ offerings. You as individual contributor, will be accountable to drive end to end program/release quality. Drives quality first mindset within the organization via strategizing, planning and execution for all quality/test-related aspects of program across product offering life cycle, working in coordination with project stakeholders from engineering, product management, program/project management, go to the market, service and support to achieve the organizational quality objectives.
- Be a champion of Quality in SAFe value streams and architectural community of practices. Be an evangelist for engineering quality into software
- Develop overall architectural impact assessment and analysis for quality, on complex large-scale pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software. Enable iterative approach to quality during each phase of systems development prior to implementation
- Implement quality engineering activities that generally impact multiple components / processes, work of own and possibly other teams. Typically assigned highly complex, and high-risk undertakings that require expert knowledge of technology solution, coding languages and regularly require the application of independent judgement and creativity
- Provide technical expertise of system architecture, drive and recommend optimal testing strategies for various products and applications certifying customer quality. Design QA infrastructure establish testing specifications to provide desired functionality to technology solutions
- Collaborate with DevOps, Development and Product owners to verify the testability of the release and define strategies and best practices for all quality streams
- Develop a roadmap and detailed implementation plan for automation, functional, integration/E2E & non-functional quality engineering services for assigned SAFe value streams
- Ability to evaluate and select automation, functional and performance engineering tools for different products and applications. Provide working prototypes to confirm the feasibility of technical solutions. Develop best practices, procedures and enable continuous improvement
- Establish a strong partnership with architecture, software engineering/development, quality engineers and DevOps to enabling CI/CD delivery model which is scalable and merit quality
- Provide training to Software Development Engineers, QA and architect resources on testing strategies, standards, tools and processes. Work closely with quality assurance teams and functions to help, grow and improve the test processes and skill sets
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Takes ownership and accountability of driving quality throughout the product offering life cycle
- Work closely with the project stakeholders to translate business objectives into test strategy, lead and successfully execute the strategy through strong collaboration and agile leadership
- Defines quality concept and test strategy and aligns in alignment with stakeholders
- Define, rollout and implement quality goals/metrics/KPIs across the organization consistently
- Lead the process of defining quality standards and metrics with internal stakeholders and customers for solutions, product and platform deliverables
- Ensuring all development tasks meet quality criteria by creating a list of the milestone, checkpoints, and measurable criterion to check the quality on a timely basis through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking in addition to quality process compliance checks
- Set quality standards for the teams and direct the team to focus on building automation alongside manual testing to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of quality testing
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in quality systems and department infrastructure through the evaluation of trends in key performance indicators, audit feedback, and corrective and preventative actions
- Be the single point of contact for the QA team for all the escalations related to testing and quality assurance across cross-functional teams including solution delivery, product development, platform development
- Represents quality in program quality gates / checkpoint meetings and in the program coordination
- Utilize an agile mindset to create a collaborative environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation, and learning; promotes continuous improvement
- Define Definition of Ready and Definition of Done both at sprint as well as release level, roll out and implement across the organization consistently
- Ensure quality goals are defined and met following the program’s goals/themes & measure against the DoR & DoD criteria
- Understanding and defining areas to assess the overall risk to the project and creating strategies to mitigate those risks and raise awareness & early warning system to relevant stakeholders as necessary
- Identifies quality issues, risks, assumptions and dependencies and drives solutions and mitigations/action plans/contingency plans
- Works closely with development teams to define test strategy, planning and execution to achieve the quality objectives
- Reviews each product quality at every sprint level and share inputs/suggestions/comments for improvements
- Ensure Testing artifacts across testing life cycle, have the right quality, and are following the best practices (Test Strategy, Test Planning, Test Management, Test design, Test results, Automation Test Suite, etc.)
- Ensure quality related deliverables have the right quality, and are following the best practices
- Ensures alignment on test management tools/common practices in alignment with company quality standards
- Ability to raise concerns in cases of insufficiencies of quality process & resources to meet release quality goals
- Drives quality improvement initiatives and provides operational feedback to improve quality of release
- Reports quality/test status to Program Stakeholders and Quality Management
- Give release recommendation from quality perspective and limitation/known issues proposal
- Participates actively in quality communities within and outside of the organization
Required Skills and Experience:
- Overall 12+ years of strong test/quality engineering experience across software product development organizations
- Proven track record of hands on/leadership & rich experiences in test engineering of enterprise products delivery (on premise/on cloud) in large scale complex programs involving teams distributed across multiple geographies/cultures
- Thorough understanding of the software product development lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile methodologies.
- Proven technical and leadership skills
- Results oriented and keeps quality as priority in Agile/Fail-fast world
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Excellent problem diagnostic / resolution skills and ability to review and approach test on complex feature contents
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a history of technical hands-on issue resolution, and superb detail-orientation.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike; Influencing stakeholders without authority.
- Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- Good organizational and time management to work on multiple tasks/projects/programs simultaneously
- Experience working on multiple product delivery cycles simultaneously
- Experience working in agile/iterative development methodology. SAFe experience is preferred
- Ability to collaborate with application, technical and value stream architects and software development engineers to ensure design for quality practices and tooling are formulated and adhered
- Ability to collaborate with senior management for managing quality deliverables and outcomes
- Experience in using the automated tools for end-to-end product architecture and technology stack in a product development organization
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks and resource leaks with strong troubleshooting, problem solving & reasoning skills
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited college/university
- Any certification in test/quality domain is preferred
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Quality Engineering Evangelist
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN