Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 204108
Position Title: PS Consultant (II)
Solution Architect JoB
The Solution Architect (SA) is a senior level position that leverages Big Data, data warehouse and analytical technical knowledge to promote and delivery of Teradata analytical solutions. The Solution Architect has a broad knowledge of the Big Data, data warehouse and analytic space with expert knowledge of Teradata products, open source, and 3rd party solution sets and their application within a particular industry. The Solution Architect articulates analytical business and trends and provides technical consulting as a trusted advisor. The Solution Architect establishes or enhances mid-level customer technical relationships, provides technical expertise on engagements. When required, Solution Architect will be expected to deliver high-quality, customer billable consulting on Professional Service engagements and oversee the development of the customer engagement model for additional services and Analytics system. In addition, the Solution Architect plays an active role in consulting phase and post-sale activity, ensuring a long-term partnership with Teradata customers.
Overall Job Purpose:
- You will serve as a trusted technical advisor to the client
- You will help to drive sales of Teradata products, solutions, and services as well as increase the use of Teradata systems
- The Solution Architect demonstrates technical expertise, establishes credibility with both technical resources and decision makers
- We will help you to reach the expert status on client systems, performance
- You will work together with technical client resources who use Teradata components or systems to understand how they are used, what data is on them, and how they might be improved
- The Solution Architect also identifies and documents client’s current analytical framework/architecture
- We will help you to fully understand available Teradata solutions and how they could be applied to client business problems
- You will manage relationships with client stakeholders, primarily technical resources, to become a key advisor on analytics and architecture
- You will be regularly meeting with account team lead to discuss account strategy and future sales opportunities
- We will enable you to discover Professional Services selling opportunities and participate in the sales process as needed
Skills and Experience
- Solid understanding of current integrated analytical solution topics including Big Data and Analytics
- Strong technical knowledge in relevant areas (including RDBMS like a traditional Teradata, cloud technologies, and open source technologies)
- Presales experience or consulting architecture
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Seven years or more of operational or technical RDBMS in data warehouse implementation
- Strong understanding of Data Warehouse and Analytical business architectures that include functions such as data acquisition, data containers, analytical tools, end user consumption, and governance.
- Client interface and consulting skills required
- Proven capabilities in relational database and application development environments using (DB2, Oracle, Hadoop, Spark, etc.) and operational knowledge of third party GUI and data transformation tools (COGNOS, Business Objects, Informatica, and others)
- BA or BS in Business or Computer Science
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Previous Solution Architect role at analytical hardware and/or software company
- Hands-on working knowledge with the Teradata RDBMS, including Teradata Workload Management, Performance Optimization, and System Performance troubleshooting (Or the other RDBMS/tools)
- Experience in Executive communication sessions
- Previous experience working with customers in one or more of the following industries: Automotive.
Community / Marketing Title: Solution Architect
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP