Location: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG
Requisition Number: 202685
Position Title: PS Consultant (I)
Location: Cairo, Egypt
The Business Information Modeler is responsible for transforming business information into models (most often logical data models) and managing the enterprise data model.
The emphasis on this position is the "modeling of the business" that is required for a successful data warehouse.
This goes beyond the role of a typical application level "data modeler" in that it requires modeling from an “enterprise perspective” rather than from a single business function perspective.
The Business Information Modeler is proficient in industry standard techniques for process modeling and data modeling.
Within data modeling, the Business Information Modeler must be proficient in 3rd normal form relational modeling.
Dimensional modeling experience would be a strong added value for online analytical processing.
This role must be experienced in group facilitation with participants from diverse business functions and work skills.
The Business Information Modeler may be the Lead Consultant on a project.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare process models in accordance with the guidelines/conventions of designated process modeling methodology, includes creation and maintenance of process descriptions and glossary of terms.
- Facilitate the exposure of process data from functional experts and the user community.
- Provide mapping between existing process and proposed replacement processes.
- Design and normalize the logical data model to third normal form.
- Facilitate the discovery of entities, attributes, relationships, and business rules from the functional experts and the user community.
- Prepare fully refined data models in accordance with the guidelines/conventions of the IDEF or equivalent methodology.
- Develop and manage data models and associated metadata for the enterprise.
- Maintain and publish project business rules and the associated enterprise data dictionary.
- In depth knowledge of business processes and business information models.
- In depth knowledge of modeling methodologies and techniques.
- In depth knowledge of the ERwin data modeling tool.
- In depth knowledge of facilitation and conflict resolution processes.
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Data Modeler
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG