Solution Engineer Manager Finance
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 204601
Position Title: Manager, Solutions Engineering
Pre-SalesSolution Engineer Manager Finance Industry
The Solution Engineer Pre-Sales Manager is responsible for building, leading and developing a high-performing, expert team of Solution Engineers charged with promoting Teradata solutions to customers and prospects.
Do you have a hands-on background in data management and/or analytics as a professional technologist or architect?
Do you have a strong track record in Enterprise technology sales?
Are you a team player passionate in coaching and developing individuals and teams?
Then this is the right job for you!
The Solution Engineer Manager will also provide hands-on support to the Sales teams as-and-when required and will actively collaborate with peers and the wider Teradata organization to capture, collect and share re-usable assets and best-practice.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS JOB
- Build and lead a motivated and mutually supportive team of expert Solution Engineers with a will to win;
- Make sure that the Solution Engineers in their reporting line are assigned to appropriate Accounts and assist them in developing “trusted advisor” status with key client stakeholders;
- We will help you to support the Solution Engineers in their reporting line in developing sales strategies and architecture account plans that drive consumption of Teradata solutions and services;
- You will be accountable for the success of the customers managed by your teams and ensure that other functions and stakeholders throughout the Teradata organization are engaged because we want to make these customers even more successful;
- You will assess the strengths and weaknesses of the Solution Engineers in their reporting line against the requirements of the accounts that they are assigned to and design and execute appropriate development plans;
- The Solution Engineer Manager will support the Sales Technology VP in developing and executing strategies that increase the Teradata brand in target accounts at the same time he will support the Sales Directors in developing and executing strategies that increase the Teradata brand in target accounts;
- You will make sure that know-how and skills acquired by their teams are shared with peers and colleagues throughout the organization;
The Solution Engineers in your team must be proactive and use Sale Force for documenting opportunities in the management of the Teradata Sale funnel;
You should also make sure that their consulting and technology skills are up to date and competitive
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
You have a strong background in Finance and ideally Good English language skills (but could compromise)
Ideally, good management skill but could compromise. You have at least 10+ years hands-on experience in architecting, designing, delivering or optimizing Data Warehouse, Data Lake and/or other analytical solutions;
You are a clear, confident and persuasive communicator, with excellent presentation skills and with the ability to structure a coherent, logical argument and the confidence to defend assumptions, projections, and recommendations;
You possess a keen interest and understanding of developments in the data and analytic technology marketplace and the trends are driving the adoption of new analytic technologies;
Community / Marketing Title: Solution Engineer Manager Finance
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP