Account Executive, Aerospace Manufacturing
Multiple Locations: Seattle, WA, USA • San Diego, CA, USA • Bellevue, WA, USA • California, USA
Requisition Number: 217892
What You'll do
As the Account Executive for a Global Aerospace Manufacturer, you will be responsible for developing and nurturing existing relationships combined with identifying new buying centers leading to growth. This involves understanding their unique challenges, and positioning Teradata Products and offerings tailored as data-driven solutions to address their needs. The Global Aerospace Manufacturer customer offers partnership opportunities to sell with the customer. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful positioning of Teradata's products and services and fostering long-term partnerships.
- Client Relationship Development: Build and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers and influencers within manufacturing companies. Understand their business objectives, pain points, and opportunities to position Teradata as a trusted advisor.
- Solution Selling: Collaborate with Industry Strategists (IS), AI Industry Specialist (AIS), Solution Engineers (SE), Inside Sales Representatives (ISR) to design and present data analytics solutions that align with manufacturing clients' and persona-aligned strategic goals. Articulate the value proposition of Teradata's products and services to meet client needs effectively.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and execute strategic territory plans to achieve New Logo sales, revenue targets, and services sales objectives within the manufacturing sector. Identify opportunities for reference selling, upselling, cross-selling, to allow new customer attainment.
- Pipeline Management: Maintain a detailed and accurate pipeline of opportunities in the manufacturing sector. Utilize the company's CRM tools to track progress, forecast revenue, and manage communication with clients.
- Negotiation and Closing: Lead contract negotiations, pricing discussions, and proposal development processes. Work closely with legal and finance teams to ensure terms and agreements are in line with company policies and client expectations.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with internal teams, including solution architects, data scientists, consultants, and project managers, to ensure successful project delivery and exceptional client experience.
- Market Intelligence: Provide insights and feedback to the company about market trends, competitive landscape, and client needs in the manufacturing industry. Contribute to the continuous improvement of Teradata's offerings.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Industry experience in the aerospace and heavy manufacturing industries. This could be obtained from selling into a particular industry or from working in a particular industry. This pertains to one’s ability to understand the current business problems that face customers in the industry and staying on top of industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Marketing, Engineering, or a related field. MBA or relevant advanced degree is a plus.
- Proven track record of success in cloud, data, and analytics focused product, particularly within the manufacturing sector. Experience with data analytics, IT solutions, or consulting is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing industry processes, challenges, and trends.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
What You'll Bring
- Ability to build and nurture relationships at executive levels.
- Strong Account Management skills combined with identifying new buying centers and new business.
- Results-driven mindset with a focus on achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Effective negotiation, contract management, and deal-closing skills.
- Proficiency in using CRM software and other sales productivity tools.
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet with clients and attend industry events.
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: SAN DIEGO
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive, Aerospace Manufacturing
Job Category: Sales
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seattle, Washington US