Staff Security Architect
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 216286
Security Architect - Job Description
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global cloud and data analytics organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. We are enabling customers to maximize their cloud opportunities.
The Observability and System Management Security Architect will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security practices of key public cloud offerings of providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google to ensure Teradata solutions are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust.
The Security Software Architect will work alongside our Product Architects and Senior Developers to design and implement secure applications that are used to manage, query and load/unload data from Teradata systems. The Security Architect is also focused on enabling secure Teradata Cloud deployments including identity & access management implementation, third-party software integration, incident management capabilities, system hardening requirements, and security requirements development for our development teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ownership of security architecture for Teradata Observability and System Management applications and services
- Collaborate with Product & Feature Architects to scope and prioritize architectural & foundational changes required to meet security standards
- Ensure a highly secure, compliant cloud computing architecture
- Contribute and maintain STRIDE based threat model documentation
- Define and/or contribute to security standards to be implemented by development teams
- Advise developers on cloud architectures and designs meeting accreditation standards
- Build architecture to support multi-tenant environments
- Liaison with our consulting practice to develop/enhance and document information security policies, procedures and standards required to design cloud-based solutions
- Ensure adherence to standard regulatory and compliance requirements by overseeing regular 3rd party security audits and penetration testing
- Learn and evolve continuously with the fast-changing cloud marketplace
- Understand customer base data security needs and applicable standard compliance requirements, and help design solutions fulfilling those requirements
- Collaborate with architects and key developers on security risk assessments and guidance for remediating vulnerabilities
- The SA will have excellent customer facing skills to be able to discuss security concerns raised by client security professionals and executives
- 4+ years of software architecture & development experience in C, C++, GO, Java or scripting (e.g., python, ruby, bash) languages
- 3+ years of experience with information security, risk management & compliance experience
- Experience applying new security mechanisms to applications on public cloud platforms
- Experience with cloud privileges, tenant isolation, and IAM solutions at enterprise scale
- Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- Understanding of industry regulatory and compliance requirements (any of FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, NIST, HIPAA)
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Development experience in C, C++, GO, Java or scripting (e.g., python, ruby, bash) languages
- Experience with RESTful Microservices and container technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Demonstrated capability to design secure systems on public / hybrid cloud as well as secure solutions for data in transit
- Technical experience working with database technologies (any of Teradata, mySQL, Snowflake, Oracle, etc)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Industry certifications such as CISSP or CCSP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Security Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Telangana IN