Transformation Communications & Change Management Senior Manager
Multiple Locations: San Diego, California, United States • Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Requisition Number: 212986
The Manager of Transformation Communications and Change Management will be a critical member of Teradata’s transformation team, providing communications and direction to all employees internally. This role, reporting into the Corporate Communications organization, will focus on all facets of cultural transformation and strategic business transformation, including tactical change management.
Tactical communications and change management activities. You will be connected into the company’s transformation workstreams, so you know what milestones are on the horizon and whether those milestones require messaging and to whom. There are transformation rhythms in place and with which you will become involved. You are needed to:
- Communicate upcoming rollouts, pilots, go-lives, and process/workflow changes.
- Build and maintain monthly/quarterly calendars detailing workstream impacts on key stakeholders (e.g., regions, teams, key customers, business systems), and
- Support change management success, as defined by Teradata Strategy and Culture Transformation departments
- Gather feedback from the downstream areas of business impacted by the company’s transformation work and the change management effort to understand if they have what they need, feel supported, are taking the right actions in pursuit of the change.
Advancing our cultural transformation efforts. To advance our culture transformation, this role will focus on bringing to life change stories from our senior leaders, in addition to transformation testimonials from people across the organization. As we roll out programs to drive the required culture change, you will play a role in driving our culture transformation, utilizing effective communication and change management initiatives that create awareness, facilitate change, and support the transformation overall. This will include painting a picture for employees on the future state with an understanding on the employee’s role based on what they do today and where they are in the organization. It will be important that you work collaboratively across organizations to build alignment with our company purpose and strategy while establishing a change management approach that enables key milestones to be achieved across multiple workstreams.
Integrating the business and cultural transformation messaging. We are executing a single transformation addressing both business and culture. Our transformation communications must demonstrate this alignment. Your work will help us do that through consistent, thoughtful and timely messaging. You will need to collaborate with the business and cultural transformation teams leading both efforts to gather the information, requirements and guidance needed to properly craft communiques. With that insight in hand, you will own the content creation. You will also have input as a member of the transformation team on execution best practices: the topics, timing, cadences and communication mediums.
- Partner across the enterprise with leaders in the Transformation Office, the functions and businesses to develop and execute a multifaceted transformation communications strategy
- Participate in overall corporate communications planning, ensuring timely, relevant messaging by audience
- Identify unique and intriguing storytelling opportunities to drive attention, excitement and business results in support of the business transformation process
- Celebrate successes and spotlight accomplishments of a diverse mix of individuals and teams as part of a communications cadence
- Ensure messaging alignment across the business and culture transformation efforts
- Drive communication aspect of change management activities – messaging and building materials in support of upcoming rollouts, pilots, go-lives, and process/workflow changes
- Create and maintain cross-organizational relationships to enable information flow and deliver timely and targeted messaging
Education and credentials
- A Bachelor's degree is required; most likely focuses are in Communications, Human Resources, Organizational Development / Change, Organizational Psychology or Business
- Change management certifications preferred, but not required
- We will consider qualified candidates anywhere in the U.S for this position.
Experiences and aptitudes
- 3-5 years of change management
- 3-5 years of communications experience
- Change management experience with large transformations and/or large program delivery on a global basis (e.g., ERP, M&A) and process change efforts
- Thorough understanding and experience of Change Management principles, delivery methodologies and tools to deliver successful Change programs
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal – with samples available for review on the former
- Experience with internal communication social media tools
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Effective and proactive problem solving and program/time management skills, with the ability to independently track multiple projects and deadlines
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Transformation Communications & Change Management Senior Manager
Job Category: Administrative
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US