Services Engineering – Continuous Improvement Manager - DevOps
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 212790
The Services Operational Excellence - Services Engineering team translates the service offers into implementable, effective, and efficient plans for delivery. The Service Engineer role is responsible for partnering with operations and business teams to continuously improve by identifying opportunities for process improvement, reporting & analytics, and solutions to challenges faced.
In this role you will create, operationalize and enhance the Teradata’s CS&S Services to include delivery methodology, processes and workflows, roles and responsibilities, tools, trainings and customer facing materials needed to deliver a service in a way that exceeds customer value expectations.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Services Delivery Methodology – Follow the defined methodology for documenting the delivery requirements for each Service deliverable.
- Create plans to build the required delivery assets in partnership with global project teams to achieve measurable efficiency and value gains.
- Gather business functional requirements for development of streamlined tools and processes
- Apply Lean and/or Six Sigma principles (Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Standard Work Cellular Flow, Pull Replenishment, Demand and Production smoothing, Mistake Proofing, Total Productive Maintenance) to process improvement.
- Services Enablement for the Delivery Organizations – Partner with CS&S Learning Team on the design and deployment of formal/informal training for the global and regional delivery resources, Service Experience Managers and Go-to-Market.
- Services Measurement – Define requirements for measuring the success through key performance measurements and reporting of each service feature, tool and process to enable a data-driven approach to continuous improvement.
- Manage multiple projects to meet aggressive deadlines set by the stakeholders using an in-depth understanding of key technologies such as: as-a-Service, Cloud, and delivery methodologies like ITIL/DevOps/CICD.
- Develop presentations for senior management and project teams to facilitate discussions on progress, results and assistance needed.
- Manage day-to-day progress of the project, ensuring continued alignment with objectives.
- Manage, monitor and evaluate all project activities.
- Ensure valid project estimates are prepared.
- Interact with key stakeholders to define the metrics, measurements and tools to quantify business goals.
- Champion on behalf of Teradata and our Customers and help uncover issues currently impacting Customer Experience.
- Experience taking a service and/or product from concept to deployment
- Process documentation and requirements gathering experience
- Experience with DevOps delivery and improvement processes
- Demonstrated ability to improve a process based on requirements including customer feedback, data, processes and tools/systems in order to simplify and improve inefficient or complex processes
- Proven ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Cloud, aaS, database, and/or Managed Services delivery experience
- Experience working with a broad internal supply chain including engineering, marketing, training, etc.
- Experience working with resources across a global delivery model
- Experience creating customer facing materials (marketing, trainings, PowerPoint decks, announcements, etc.)
- Strong client interfacing, relationship building, and consulting skills
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Practical knowledge of analytics and data warehousing
- Services Product Management experience
- Agile Certification
- Proven ability to self-manage work and move forward in the face of ambiguity
- Exceptional attention to detail, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- CS&S Delivery Organizations: Global Support, Service Experience, Cloud Operations, Managed Services, Regional Delivery
- Product Management and Services Product Management
- Go to Market (sales)
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Services Engineering – Continuous Improvement Manager - DevOps
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US