Cloud Operations Observability Manager
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 212668
Cloud Operations, Observability Manager
Location: San Diego, CA Preferred (Virtual-US OK)
Teradata is growing our Cloud Operations team and we’re looking for individuals that exemplify our principle of Customer Obsession through operational excellence, leadership, and a passion to continually be the voice of the customer. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then this is the place for you. You will actively develop and implement state-of-the-art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage-based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud seeks an Observability Manager to lead our initiative to improve the overall monitoring and alerting capabilities of a highly distributed and dynamic native cloud and hybrid cloud environment.
What You'll Do
- Lead projects that improve observability tools and platforms: metrics, dashboarding, alerting, logging, application performance management, and black box monitoring
- Define observability strategy and create an extensible framework for monitoring
- Mentor teams on leveraging Datadog to deep dive and troubleshoot issues on public and hybrid cloud platforms
- Create proactive alerting through log analysis, dashboard creation, and automated alerts based on established service level objectives (SLO) and service level agreements (SLA)
- Mentor team members in use of industry-standard best practices
- Collaborate with other team members to decompose large tasks into small, testable commits
- Understand performance and security considerations for the code we deploy
- Collaborate with distributed, global teams to achieve common goals
- Build automation frameworks and systems to improve time to delivery through the use of modern CI/CD systems
- Participate in on-call for escalated support of production customer and systems
- Perform and improve SRE / operational functions, such as monitoring and maintenance of productions systems
- 5+ years of relevant job experience
- Expert level experience with DataDog
- Expert knowledge of modern observability best practices
- Experience with cloud-native monitoring tools such as CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, GC Operations Suite (Stackdriver)
- Experience transforming data from logs, metrics, traces, and alerts into actionable items
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Experience with Test and build systems such as Jenkins, Maven, Ant
- Strong hands-on system administrator experience on public cloud platforms, at least one of the big three (Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure)
- Strong experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience working in hybrid environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field preferred
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Operations Observability Manager
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US