Senior Manager, Cloud Infrastructure & Operations
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 212045
Senior Manager, Cloud Infrastructure & Operations
Location: San Diego, CA preferred, Virtual-US acceptable
Teradata CloudOps is seeking a Senior Manager, Cloud Infrastructure & Operations to manage a team of 10 Engineers responsible for cloud governance and delivery. You will drive effective use and scalable growth of our Public Cloud Platforms by establishing and improving governance and transparent reporting of the cost of resources. You will also manage the delivery and operation of our Private Cloud offering, including planning, hardware installations, capacity optimization, vendor and contract negotiations, infrastructure and software delivery, and collaborating with partner teams to continually improve and optimize our operations and services.
What You'll Do
- Public and Private Cloud governance and cost management
- Define and deliver governance model providing common structure across cloud platforms and providers (Colo’s, AWS, Azure, and GCP)
- Track and report on the usage of Cloud resources and collaborate with technical teams to identify and drive improvements and efficiencies
- Provide financial and operational reporting to track and manage the effective use of cloud resources through key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Develop and maintain financial models, templates, and dashboards to track, organize, and report on service and deployments costs
- Collaborate across Cloud Operations, Product Management, Finance, and Engineering regarding current and forecasted financial models
- Define and develop standards and documentation for data center operations
- Manage vendor and contractor relationship, contract negotiations
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of data center services including colocation, connectivity, and deployment of hardware and ensure they adhere to operational standards
- Responsible for data center Asset and Capacity Management, and continual assessments for process improvement
- Manage Network and data center infrastructure supporting facility and customer connectivity
- Support various accreditation initiatives, including, but not limited to, SSAE16, SOC2, ISO 27001, PCI, GDPR, FedRAMP, etc.
- Responsible for ongoing release and operations of the Teradata Cloud Private offering
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of experience managing teams
- Experience with at least one Public Cloud Provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience managing production data centers and/or colocation facilities
- Experience managing budgets and/or cost models
- Technical knowledge of cloud infrastructure, networking, and systems administration
- Experiencing working in a Product based organization supporting a PaaS / SaaS production environment preferred
- Ability to see the big picture and build frameworks to support a vision
- Strong sense of ownership and teamwork with a positive and innovative attitude
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to dive into the details as needed
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
- Experience with Teradata is a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Cloud Infrastructure & Operations
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US