Staff Cloud Engineer - Teradata Cloud Infrastructure Engineering
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211422
Teradata Cloud Infrastructure Engineering - Staff Cloud Engineer - Requisition
Teradata is a community of people who believe in the power of data to change the world, and ready to challenge the complexity and inadequacy of conventional approaches in pursuit of better answers to the world's toughest challenges. We are a global data and analytics leader providing data platform solutions for the most prolific and interesting enterprises in every industry.
This is your chance to be a part of the Teradata Cloud Infrastructure Engineering (CIE) team acting as a key influence and enabler to our “Cloud First” strategy. The CIE team works closely and across all of Teradata’s cloud partners providing expertise and recommendations for Teradata on Cloud compute (VM/Instances), storage, networking, and key platform enabling features in support of Teradata Vantage teams and offerings. This unique opportunity will have you spanning diverse technical competencies, from Teradata core architectures (AMPs, storage volumes, Fallback, etc.), cloud infrastructure offerings/features, testing methodologies, and Automation/Test as a Service (TaaS) proficiencies.
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) with ability to setup and configure Cloud infrastructure environments
- Characterize cloud platforms, single and multi-node clusters, and associated storage options to drive and confirm CPU, I/O, memory, networking behavior and performance when applied to Teradata Vantage
- Have some level of platform knowledge / understanding of CPU, I/O, memory, networking metrics and how they may influence performance
- Develop deep understanding of Teradata products integration with the cloud environments, allowing for certification, feature research, troubleshooting and analysis of software and hardware anomalies driving to resolution
- Maintaining internal dashboards and automation leveraging programming experience with C, C++, Java programming and Jenkins knowledge
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 5-10+ years of experience in a professional software/cloud engineering position
- Cloud working knowledge / Cloud professional certifications (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; Need to be a team player
- Basic knowledge and experience with database and SQL; Teradata experience desired
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) automation infrastructure (GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Experience with Linux operating system, Bash/Shell, and test automation a plus
- Detail-oriented and customer-focused
This position is based in Teradata's research and development main campus in San Diego, CA but currently would require work from home until Covid concerns have been fully addressed for return to the office. When in office, Teradata's employees enjoy beautiful facilities including a cafeteria, cafe, and gym on site. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then Teradata is the place for you.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud Engineer - Teradata Cloud Infrastructure Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US