Staff Cloud Software Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 210587
Staff Software Developer
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software engineers who are passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Cloud team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively define and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud seeks a Cloud Distributed Systems Software Engineer to build and operate highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in a distributed system of hardware with varying reliability guarantees.
You will be working with a team of the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
You will be solving the world’s toughest business problems with data and analytics and leveraging the latest technologies with an emphasis on cloud.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- You must be able to drive requirements, design, develop implementation, and document software by leveraging agile methodologies
- You should be able to apply latest design patterns (including microservices) and technologies to deliver clean, modular, maintainable and performant solutions.
- You are comfortable in a team environment that is highly collaborative and places strong emphasis on peer review.
- You are able to engineer applications and web services that can run in the cloud, on premise or in hybrid environments.
- You have a strong passion for developing incredibly simple, yet highly functional interfaces.
- You are knowledgeable with open source tools and technologies and can use / extend them wherever appropriate to develop solutions.
- You should be able to drive initiatives, mentor junior team members, new hires and interns.
- You need to have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are highly motivated, think creatively, and comfortable working in team-based environments
- You will have to work across teams and organizations, to build end-2-end solutions
- Minimum Qualifications
- At least a Master’s Degree or above
- At least 7 years of hands-on software development experience.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with modern general-purpose programming languages like Python, Java, Golang is a plus.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience architecting/designing, implementing, and operating distributed complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Familiarity with dev-ops software development methods.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Knowledge of relational database engines.
- Experience with Cloud services like AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience working with large data sets including NoSQL data stores(dynamo, DocumentDB/Cosmos).
- Experience working with customers on deployment of supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with CI/CD (Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment)
- Integration solutions such as Jenkins, Artifactory
- Experience with containerization technology such as Docker Containers
- Experience with container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- DBs – RDBMS – PostgreSQL, Teradata is a plus
- Configuration management software experience a plus - Ansible is a plus.
Flexible / Prefer Austin, TX
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US