Cloud Product Management Lead, Vantage on AWS
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209627
Position Title: Product Manager (V)
Cloud Product Management Lead, Vantage on AWS
Location: Bellevue, WA or San Diego, CA preferred; virtual available
With all the investments made in analytics, it's time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It's time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It's the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today's analytics. And, it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn't just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It's what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there's one thing that we all share - our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
This is your opportunity to be a highly impactful Product Management Lead, for an existing multi-million dollar business of Teradata’s Vantage on AWS. You will be leading and mentoring your team, enabling market research to build new products for Teradata to win in Cloud Data Warehouse & Analytics market. Teradata is the world's leading data warehousing and Big Data organization and has embarked on an exciting journey to build and deliver the industry’s highest performing data warehousing and analytics offerings. Today, some of the largest and cutting-edge companies run their applications on our industry-leading software & public cloud infrastructure.
This role is responsible for developing and executing the Analytics Platform As-a-service strategy & offering on AWS. Build a three- to five-year growth strategy by defining new services and solutions based on market demand. Leverage technical, analytical, process and strategic skills towards executing high impact value-added opportunities that will drive the next phase of growth for Teradata in the AWS. Work with global engineering to build services and assist in defining and executing the go to market strategy.
- Lead and mentor AWS PM team for Cloud Data Warehouse & Analytics
- Own Strategy, Planning & Roadmap for Vantage As-a-Service on AWS
- Drive new capabilities/features or services for integration with AWS
- Engage with customers to understand their needs, evolve product requirements and be the "voice of the customer" in the product planning process
- Be an Agile champion: Introduce product themes, prioritize requirement using business metrics, manage backlogs, develop detailed, crisp business, requirements and user stories.
- Work with engineering to define the exit criteria & prepare for product readiness for delivery.
- Pricing & Bundling: Drive pricing strategy, define meters & price-point and course correct steady state pricing of existing offerings.
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Support, Professional Services, Sales and operations to define the go-to-market plan and product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, sales tools and technical white papers.
- Create and deliver sales training for the direct sales force as well as partner sales forces and technical services and support teams.
- Build partner strategy with public cloud vendors to integrate with cloud native ecosystem and drive innovation in the Vantage platform.
- Represent Teradata at various industry events, conferences and internal forums
- 10 years of Enterprise Cloud, SW/lnfrastructure experience in Data Warehouse, Analytics, Cloud Orchestration Software, Server, Storage, and/or Networking
- 5+ years of Product Management experience building data center products & taking them to market.
- Strong combination of technology & business
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Able to lead within a team environment that spans product management, development, test, QA, documentation, marketing, sales, and deployment.
- Ability to lead in a highly collaborative virtual team environment that promotes ideas while balancing objectives.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor others.
- Organized, adaptable, self-starter, highly motivated by challenge, and a team player. Ability to manage multiple priorities while staying on track with commitments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Computer Science.
- MBA Preferred
- Previous experience as a product manager, program manager, operations manager, solution architect, and/or business development manager in a cloud-based business
- Previous experience in change management or consulting, executing or strategizing a client’s cloud transformation
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Product Management Lead, Vantage on AWS
Job Category: Product Management
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US