Staff Cloud QA Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 209115
Position Title: Cloud Services Engineer (IV)
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the cloud analytics company delivering Pervasive Data Intelligence, transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. We leverage 100% of the relevant data, all of the time, so businesses can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter. This is called pervasive data intelligence, powered by the cloud. And it’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics. This position is part of the Vantage Cloud and Applications Team. This team provides customers with Vantage as a Service increasing choice and flexibility in public cloud.
- Act as a senior technical expert in the Cloud Engineering and Services India org for Quality and Test Automation on all the public cloud platform infrastructure where Teradata operates
- Be a strong proponent of Quality, Automation and Test principles and be responsible to devise strategies and guide team members on the industry best practices.
- Plan and Implement test automation guidelines and be responsible for driving those across unit, functional, non-functional, integration, performance and deployment tests.
- Able to perform risk assessments and carry out optimizations across the public cloud infrastructure, network configurations, CI/CD and its services.
- Be a gate-keeper from technical aspect for the release readiness and new capability build out.
- Coordinate with distributed product teams across geographies, product verticals and product managers to get to an alignment on the goals and objectives of the validation and verification techniques deployed on cloud.
Skills and Experience required:
- Strong expertise and passion on Quality Assurance, Automation and Cloud DevOps principles with over 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in carrying out testing of distributed middleware products or services, microservices and container platforms.
- Experience in defining QA strategy for a multi-tenant, SaaS product on public cloud platforms is a must.
- Proficiency in testing applications and services on at least one or more public cloud infrastructure – AWS, Azure or Google
- Hands-on experience on programming language constructs – Python, Golang or Java
- Good command over scripting (Ansible, Terraform, CFT, etc) and cloud native services.
- Proficiency in CI / CD, Jenkins, Junit, Git, Python-based test frameworks.
- Conversant with best of the breed cloud quality methodologies, tools and processes.
- Demonstrated experience of driving new test creation, debugging and troubleshooting complex deployment and customer environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud QA Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN