Sr Data Modeller
Location: Islamabad, Islamabad PK
Requisition Number: 208912
Position Title: Technology Consulting III
This role is responsible for transforming business information into logical data models and managing the enterprise data model. The candidate should be proficient in industry standard techniques for process modeling and data modeling also have skills of designing and instantiation of the physical data model based on the logical data model. The candidate must be proficient in 3rd normal form relational modeling as well as dimensional modeling. Experience with alternate modeling techniques such as Data Vault, and key modeling as it relates to Big Data would be a strong added value. This candidate must be experienced in group facilitation with participants from diverse business functions and work skills.
- Design and normalize the logical data model to third normal form.
- Facilitate the discovery of entities, attributes, relationships, and business rules from the functional experts and the user community.
- Prepare fully refined data models in accordance with the guidelines/conventions of Integration Definition (IDEF) or equivalent methodology.
- Develop and manage data models and associated metadata for the enterprise.
- Work with all related consultants to design and document semantic models.
- Work with consultants to translate LDMs and Semantic Models into their physical representations.
- Enhance new and existing logical models with entities to represent client specific key models
- Work with ETL consultants to map source system data to Teradata and Hadoop physical models.
- Maintain and publish project business rules and the associated enterprise data dictionary.
- Evaluate access paths for data which spans multiple deployed technologies; provide recommendations for optimizations in accessing these heterogeneous relationships.
Skills and Qualifications
- S. / M.S. in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems
- Data Warehouse modeling experience of at least 3-4 years
- In depth knowledge of business processes and business information models.
- In depth knowledge of data modeling methodologies and techniques.
- In depth knowledge of the ERwin and/or Embarcadero data modeling tool.
- Understanding of one or more business areas and industries: Telecom, Retail, Manufacturing, Financial etc.
- In depth knowledge of facilitation and conflict resolution processes.
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
- Work with the appropriate project management methodology (Agile or Waterfall) based upon customer and project requirements
- Experience on Teradata logical data models specially in financial domain will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of Teradata Reference Information Architecture and the Unified Data Architecture would be an advantage
- Prior experience with Teradata data models will be a big advantage
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Data Modeller
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK