Staff Data Scientist
Location: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Requisition Number: 216968
What You’ll Do
In this position you will perform all the phases of a data science project: business understanding, data understanding and preparation, exploratory analysis, modeling, model evaluation, communicating results and business value of a model to the client and finally deploying your data product. Follow team development processes. Based on the nature of the project and the available tools, learn, and adapt quickly to different technologies and tools than the ones you are used to.
Who You’ll Work With
The Teradata Core Data Science team works with advanced database technologies allowing us to build exciting new features that unlock business value for our customers. As the Staff Data Scientist, you will report directly to the AI Team Lead, Data and Analytics, MEA. On our team, you will help to execute a vision that delivers technology-enabled, high-impact business outcomes for our enterprise customer base that meet the highest software quality standards.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- 7 to 10 years of experience.
- 1 M.Sc. or Ph.D. in machine learning or a relevant discipline.
- Expert level in Python including Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn
- Solid understanding of deep learning techniques
- Familiar with PySpark and MLlib
- Familiar with Excel, Tableau or PowerBI for visualization
- Natural Language Processing experience
- Have considerable experience in any of the following domains: telco, government, or banking
- Intermediate level in either C, Java, C++, or C#
- Intermediate level in SQL
What You’ll Bring
You are energetic, positive and outgoing. You exercise strong judgement and decision making across all aspects of your role. You’re well-organized, detail-oriented and have a consistent track record as a strategic thinker capable of foreseeing impacts of simultaneous projects. You describe yourself as resourceful and have conquered the art of effective multitasking. You have superior time management skills.
- Software engineering experience (OOP, Agile methodologies, Git, continuous development, etc.)
- Familiar with Docker, Kubernetes, DevOPS and MLops
- Analytical rigor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical & business presentation skills
- Ability to do pre-sales activities
- Professional consulting background at the corporate level
Necessary Job Requirements:
- Must be based in Cairo, Egypt.
- Must be willing to work on-site with clients (Egyptian Government, Telecommunication Operators, and Banks) 100% of the time.
- Must pass security clearance to work with the Egyptian Government
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Data Scientist
Job Category: Consulting
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG