Senior Staff Cloud SCM Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208812
Position Title: DevOps Engineer (V)
Senior SCM Engineer - TeraCloud Repository & Pipeline
Location: San Diego, CA
Teradata is looking for a Senior Software Configuration Management Engineer to join our TeraCloud group. You will be the software configuration management and pipeline engineer for a complex and agile cloud Software-as-a-Service solution. The solution includes a database, APIs, and many other services and components. You will serve as the repository and pipeline focal point providing hands-on implementation assistance across all teams. You will also represent the group as the primary contact within the larger development organization for integration issues as needed.
We are looking for someone with an established background in building and managing reliable software in a service-oriented environment, as well as a strong technical background, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and motivation to achieve results.
What You'll Do
- Implement processes for the software configuration management and pipeline management of complex software components for a very large cloud service
- Ensure that software configuration management processes meet regulatory, contract, and customer requirements including release management, traceability, and change management
- Engage and assist teams with CICD pipeline buildout and maintenance based on Github Enterprise (GHE) and Jenkins as well as Gitlab and its integrated CICD infrastructure
- Administer Jenkins and Artifactory
- Provide superior support for GHE and Gitlab
- Resolve integration and deployment issues throughout the CICD process
- Work with geographically diverse, dynamic multi-disciplinary agile teams of architects, engineers, and software quality engineers
- Expert hands-on knowledge on maintaining, deploying, and configuring GHE and GitLab.
- Expert hands-on knowledge on maintaining and supporting Jenkins and Artifactory.
- Experience in building CICD pipeline jobs based on Jenkins+GHE or Gitlab CICD integration
- Ability to integrate GitLab security best practices and compliance requirements.
- Ability to integrating off-the-shelf and custom Gitlab extensions and modules.
- Ability to build and maintain a HA/DR strategy and implementation for services.
- Hands-on experience with python, bash, groovy or similar languages.
- 5+ years of experience with code versioning tools such as Git
- 5+ years of experience with continuous integration, automated unit testing
- 5+ years of experience with Web architectures and services
- 5+ years of experience with secure and robust pipeline development of Micro-Services to Kubernetes
- 5+ years of experience with HashiCorp tools (Terraform, Consul, Vault)
- Experience with application monitoring tools (Datadog, Splunk, New Relic, etc.)
- Familiarity with AWS or other public clouds and have built apps leveraging its offerings (S3, SNS/SQS, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, Cloud Formations, etc.)
- Understanding of Virtualization and/or cloud computing
- Experience with relational database and SQL
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Staff Cloud SCM Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US