Senior Cloud Security Architect
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208753
Position Title: Security Architect (V)
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global cloud and data analytics organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. Our global service organization is at the heart of delivering our analytics solutions and optimizing our customer’s analytic ecosystem wherever they deploy our technology (on premises, managed cloud or public cloud). We are actively driving toward next generation service capabilities building on our already best in class services and consultants. We are helping customers determine how to maximize the opportunities enabled by cloud and how to successfully navigate towards the cloud mandates that many of our large, global customers have in place.
The Senior Cloud Security Professional (CSP) will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security practices of key public cloud offerings of providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google to establish secure design patterns, to architect integrations with customers’ existing security policies and capabilities, and to assist in ensuring the security and compliance of the cloud environment. The Sr. CSP will ensure that solutions operating on the cloud comply with industry security requirements in both off-premises and hybrid deployment models to meet the data security needs of the customer as well as Teradata corporate IT. They will understand a shared responsibility model and how to effectively communicate that to customers.
The Sr. Security Professional is the lead Cloud Security subject matter expert and will work in conjunction with Teradata Product Architects and corporate Enterprise Architects to provide secure environments for our customer and company cloud services and applications. The Sr. CSP is focused on enabling secure cloud deployments including identity & access management implementation, security capabilities including preventative as well as detective and response controls, third-party software integration, incident management capabilities, system hardening requirements, and security requirements development for our application development and cloud operations teams.
Teradata’s cloud offerings span the major public clouds as well as hybrid environments using VMWare and physical infrastructure. While our products do make use of cloud vendor specific capabilities where doing so provides differentiating product performance or features, we are building towards product and security architectures and cloud deployment and operations that are as cloud agnostic as reasonably possible to maximize standardization and efficiencies for cloud deployment and operations. The ideal Sr. CSP will understand how to build and operate a modern and effective cloud agnostic security architecture that dovetails into a cloud agnostic product framework and architecture and related cloud operations.
• Key Areas of Responsibility
- Partner with Corporate IT Security Architects and the Chief Security Architect to ensure adherence to security practices and compliance for Infrastructure Engineering.
- Partner with Product Management, Architecture, Engineering and Cloud Operations and Support teams to collaboratively develop architectures that ensure Teradata products and processes to support them conform to high standards of security practices and compliance.
- Partner with Security Operations, Incident Response and Investigation, offensive security, application security and product customer support services, engineering and operations to plan, research, design and build security applications around intrusion detection, automated compliance scans, cryptography, etc.
- Partner with Quality Engineering and Enablement teams to incorporate security architectures into our CI/CD pipeline and processes as well as automated testing harnesses for security testing frameworks.
- Drive the development and adoption of cloud security standards, best practices and technologies within Teradata products and IT infrastructure.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments (tools such as Nessus etc.) on new and existing products.
- Identify, assess and meet with security vendors and partners to assess opportunities to integrate their products and services into the Teradata ecosystem.
- Act as a ‘cloud security consultant’ to other architects and engineers, proactively making recommendations around software development, etc.
- Meet with customers and industry experts to assess and discuss regulatory requirements across relevant customer industries and domains, and from this develop relevant action plans for Teradata teams.
- Liaise on security-related issues with internal business stakeholders both within, but also beyond the Teradata Product and enterprise IT groups, leveraging company-wide capability and insight.
- Assist Teradata professional services architects to design and implement the Teradata systems for our large, global customers.
- Educate customers and Teradata Consultants on secure solution design and privacy / data security practices
- Proven track record in growing and developing a high-performance team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field desired. Master’s Degree or higher in relevant field a plus.
o While academic degrees are a good way to gain relevant understanding, we recognize that real world experience in related environments matters as much or more and can substitute for academic credentials.
o If you have the right experience and skills but don’t have a relevant degree, please apply for the role.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience in both advanced cybersecurity architecture as well as application development including demonstrated information security, risk management & compliance experience.
o 2+ years Cloud Security Professional experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or other public cloud. Cloud agnostic security architecture experience a plus.
- Knowledge of information security concepts, policy frameworks and best practices.
- Industry certifications or training and experience in using frameworks such as SABSA and TOGAF. CISSP, CCSP or relevant GIAC certifications preferred.
- Skilled at interpreting compliance and security standards into implementable and repeatable controls
- Strong understanding of industry regulatory and compliance requirements as well as experiencing assessing and complying with industry relevant standards (i.e., FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, NIST, SOC, HIPAA/HiTRUST, CSA STAR)
- Proven ability to learn and evolve continuously with the fast changing cloud marketplace
- Experience working with big data architectures and analytics a plus
- In-depth knowledge and experience securing service oriented architectures leveraging RESTful API’s.
Experience working inside of Agile and quick-paced environments.
Experience in operating and deploying software defined and virtualized networks.
- Experience supporting multi-cloud identify access management solutions
- Demonstrated experience with creating automated workflows and experienced working with DevOps and Software Development teams.
- Track record working with network infrastructure / Software Defined Networks, virtualization technologies, operating systems, database and web applications.
- Demonstrated capability to design secure systems on public / hybrid cloud as well as secure solutions for data in transit
- Current industry-leading experience building and developing secure applications in a cloud-hosted environment. In-depth knowledge and understanding of AWS preferred, but not essential.
- Experience working with industry leading security platforms that have integrated multiple security capabilities into a cohesive security platform spanning host, network, container and serverless intrusion prevention and detection as well as cloud continuous configuration control and monitoring and security orchestration and automated response.
- Security engineering/administration background leveraging security information and event management (SIEM), network firewalls, network intrusion, host-based security and secure configuration.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory rules surrounding data.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Security Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN