Area VP Commercial – Northern Europe
Location: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE
Requisition Number: 208648
Position Title: Sales Director
Area VP Commercial – Northern Europe
Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Russia, Poland, Czech Republic
Are you passionate about making organisations smarter and analytics driven? The world’s largest and most analytically sophisticated enterprises use Teradata’s industry-leading Analytic technology solutions and its consulting services to enable them to capture, store, manage, integrate and analyse detailed data to understand and improve business performance. Providing real answers to the enterprise business problems – and be able deploy at scale and across a complex data eco-system. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. During the last years Teradata has changed our business model significantly. Teradata is nowadays a subscription-based Software company with a clear Cloud first strategy but with a market unique capability to offer a hybrid deployment consisting of both cloud and on-prem. We have strategic partnership in place with the market leading cloud providers - AWS, Microsoft and Google.
Teradata is looking for a highly motivated person to become the Area VP for our Northern Europe Commercial team. In this role you are responsible for managing the commercial sales organisation and to lead the sales of Teradata solutions and services to commercial accounts (all accounts outside our Enterprise segment) in the Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Russia, Poland, Czech Republic (the Area). To be successful, the Area VP will work closely with the Geo VP for Northern Europe, the Area VPs peers in the EMEA region, and engage the wider organisation including Sales Technology, Business Outcomes, Consulting Delivery, HR, Customer for Life, Finance and Sales Operations. The Area VP will report to the Geo VP for Northern Europe.
The Area VP is a critical leadership role within the Northern Europe organisation and will be responsible for managing, scaling and operationalising the commercial sales function. The Area VP is responsible for providing leadership and fostering a winning sales culture in the commercial sales organisation. Furthermore, the Area VP leads their commercial team to develop and execute annual and long-term strategies with Teradata customers and as important – winning new customers. The primary goal is to drive annual recurring revenue and ensure the profitability of the commercial business. Consequently, the key focus areas for the Area VP will be:
- Sales Leadershipresponsibility for 5-10 Account Executives. To provide clear direction (in terms of team Goals & Objectives), championing change, influencing others, and creating an environment that fosters professional and personal success. Focus is on driving Teradata software consumption – in existing customer base and by winning new customers. To do it through business outcome-led sales, developing relationships with partners to expand our coverage and/or solution portfolio and building profitable Consulting Services revenue and Managed Services recurring revenue.
- Sales Process Management through individual performance management (1-2-1 accountability reviews), coaching, Account and GOST (Goals, Objectives, Strategies and Tactics) planning and sales execution. This involves providing strong leadership in sales engagements, ensuring sales executives are accountable for establishing winning sales strategies, shared expectations with key decision makers and executing sales engagements.
- Change Managementby influencing and driving change across multiple stake-holders and departments. The Area VP will regularly partner with relevant stakeholders across the organisation to develop and refine consistent and repeatable processes and offers that enable their Commercial team to scale, compete and delight customers. Securing cross-functional support to enable change will be the key to success of the Commercial function.
- Managing Sales and Business Resultsby effectively managing order and revenue generation, predictable forecasting and business profitability while meeting strategic business objectives. This includes demand creation, funnel management, forecasting, resource planning, asset management, pricing decisions and expense control. Ensuring that the team lives up to a zero tolerance for non-ethical behaviour.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Area VP leads the Commercial Sales team which includes, but is not limited, to the following key areas and activities of responsibility:
- Operational leadership of the commercial organisation which includes assigning accounts and quotas to account executives, managing the sales funnel and the line of sight, budget and expense control and accurately forecast business results/outlook.
- Build and develop strong relationship with customers and prospects
- Hold Monthly 1-2-1 accountability reviews with Account Executives, focusing on Results, Pipeline Coverage and Activity
- Support development of and Review Account Plans for high priority Accounts, with each Account Team
- Review GOST Plans for high priority Opportunities, with each Account Team
- Keeping our CRM/sales system - Salesforce up to date with good data hygiene.
- Highly predictable monthly and quarterly order and revenue forecasting
- Set, direct, and execute winning sales strategies and drive execution of Demand Creation that lead to protecting and expanding Teradata revenue
- Develop strategies and offerings that are relevant to Teradata customers and allows the organisation to evolve ahead of changes in business conditions
- Facilitate a work environment that enables the recruitment, development and retention of top talent to drive revenue growth and increased profitability.
A sense of urgency, team collaboration, attention to detail and commitment to excellence is required. The Area VP should also foster an environment of creative, “out of the box” thinking and a “can do” attitude.
Ideal Candidate Profile
A successful candidate should be a results-oriented sales manager with a proven track record. Be able to in a structured way lead a multi country sales team. A self-starter, who is creative and driven and has strong communication and presentation skills. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for customers, their internal team and previous experience selling data and analytic solutions is desirable. The candidate will need to be successful in collaborating across a matrixed environment. The ideal candidate should be innovative and skilled at seizing opportunities and transforming strategy into results. The candidate should also have a strong executive presence and ability to positively present themselves and the Teradata value proposition to customers, prospects and internal leadership.
Successful candidates will have the following ideal profile:
- Bachelor degree or Master degree in a business or technical discipline
- 5+ years of sales management experience (mentoring, coaching, development and performance management of sales teams)
- 15+ years of B2B sales experience, including account management
- A great Team leader with proven and solid references
- A good communicator – verbal and written - English
- Experience of selling Cloud
- Experience of working with Partners (SI, Tech/Cloud, 3rd Party SW, Influencer)
- Demonstrated success in managing and growing $30m+ in annual revenue across a diverse set of countries, industries and customers
- Demonstrated success in sales management with 75%+ success record for making personal sales management goals and minimum of 50% of associates achieving objective
Job Location and Travel Expectations
This role is based in Teradata’s Stockholm office. However, for the right candidate, alternative locations with easy and frequent access to the supported Countries will also be considered. Travel to all countries within the commercial team is anticipated and required.
State: Stockholms lan
Community / Marketing Title: Area VP Commercial – Northern Europe
Job Category: Sales
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE