Senior Staff Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207654
Position Title: Software Engineer (V)
Position Title: Senior Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Location: San Diego, CA
Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics.
Teradata Test Automation (TTA) team is building the next generation test automation framework. This framework provides end to end automation including test scheduling, test execution, test data collection, and data analysis for an ecosystem of engineers working on the worlds most advanced database systems. These tests help to verify Teradata’s most advanced features at scale. Be a core part of the team by leveraging your coding and DevOps experience to diagnose issues, contribute code, and provide solutions for customers of the Test-as-a-Service platform.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain best in class services, languages, and technologies that are used to test massive SQL and Machine Learning systems
- Provide tools and utilities that interface with and leverage the power of Teradata solutions
- Work directly with cloud technologies including AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Design and develop distributed applications for quality assurance including Test-as-a-Service, Parallel Test Environment, and Nightly Build tools
- Develop software designs and solutions for distributed cloud-based and virtual systems
- Harness big data for building insights and analytics for teams around the company
- Provide expertise in build and deployment tools including Jenkins and Ansible
- Apply your skills in designing services and utilities that leverage Kubernetes and container-based management systems
- Provide workaround solutions and design alternatives for critical issues and problems
- Fix bugs, test, and deploy quickly for TTA customers
- Work with customers, database, and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) teams to design systems for scale
- Provide communication, documentation for code and products that will serve TTA and extended teams
- Collaborate with TTA development team and follow TTA agile development and release process
- Be able to troubleshoot, analyze and deliver independently
- Be able to handle pressure and be flexible for work time
- Work collaboratively with distributed teams around the world
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years relevant work experience
- Python, shell, or Java programming experience
- Knowledge of database technologies including SQL language
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Source Control and Problem Tracking tools such as GitHub and Jira
- Experience working with internal or external customers
- Experience with public cloud system like AWS or Azure
- DevOps and automation project experience
- Experience with Ansible and JMeter
- Previous/current Teradata experience
This position is located in Rancho Bernardo, CA (San Diego). This fast-paced high-tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state-of-the-art technology to the next level.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US