Data Science Algorithm Software Development Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 207646
Position Title: Data Science Engineer (III)
Teradata’s Product Development Group is seeking exceptional candidates proficient in advanced analytics to join our research and development organization. Members of Teradata’s Product Group are highly accomplished and many hold PhDs from top colleges and universities in the world. As a member of the analytics team, the Data Science Algorithmic Development Engineer will work in collaboration with other members of engineering to design and implement Teradata Analytics Platform highly parallel functions that span Mathematical Statistics, Numerical Analysis, Statistical Pattern Recognition, Time Series, Machine Learning, Game Theory, and Deep Learning. Teradata’s Analytics Platform functions are enterprise quality functions that can process massive data at linear scalability and high performance.
We encourage our scientists and engineers to participate in developing key intellectual property (IP) for Teradata by writing patents, publishing in international conferences and journals, and attending conferences.
- Research, Prototype, Design and implementation of highly scalable parallel advanced analytics and machine learning algorithms, running on MPP Advanced Analytics Platform, using C function APIs
- Collaborate closely with platform, Quality Assurance and UI engineering for end to end design and implementation of the analytic functions and features
- Work with the QA team to develop tests and verify metrics for analytic functions results and model prediction quality
- Evaluate, investigate, and optimize the performance of the analytic functions for various input configurations
- Drive the development and support of key analytic features and functions throughout its life cycle, from conception to support and enhancement
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternative algorithms and technologies and presenting them for architectural review
- Mastery in C
- Experience with Java and C++
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Experience with numerical analysis programming
- Ability to design and implement complex analytics and machine learning algorithms, and in particular linearly scalable parallel algorithms
- Ability and passion to iteratively assess, tune and improve the quality to make highly competitive products
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of distributed systems and parallel data processing
- Strong knowledge in relational database and SQL
- Experience in performance optimization, and building of high performance data processing applications
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Experience with test-driven development
- Ability to work closely and collaborate with others in the team and across functional groups
- PhD degree in computer science/mathematics/statistics/physics/engineering preferred (or equivalent work experience)
- Exceptional Master of Science graduates will be given consideration
- Experience in developing database applications a plus
- Experience with R, MATLAB, and/or SAS
- Experience in Hadoop, Spark, TensorFlow, and related technologies a plus
- Experience with Python a plus
Why you should consider this position and our company
This is your opportunity to be heard and to make an impact! We are big enough to work with technology used by the world's largest companies and small enough for you to see the exact impact of the work that you're doing. While our group works as a collaborative unit in order to constantly advance learning, you individually will "own" the development of specific functions. You will see direct results of your work within the product and will see how our customers are utilizing that to make important decisions within their business.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be. Come join us today!
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Data Science Algorithm Software Development Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US