Cloud Quality Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 207527
Position Title: Cloud Services Engineer (IV)
Location: Seattle, WA, Austin, TX, Raleigh, NC
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the cloud analytics company delivering Pervasive Data Intelligence, transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. We leverage 100% of the relevant data, all of the time, so businesses can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter. This is called pervasive data intelligence, powered by the cloud. And it’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics. This position is part of the Vantage Cloud and Applications Team. This team provides customers with Vantage as a Service increasing choice and flexibility in public cloud.
You will be responsible for leveraging and extending existing test automation tools and frameworks. You will build automated testing capabilities for our CI/CD pipelines and use best practices to test on distributed systems located on public clouds. You will create robust and comprehensive test plans to verify functionality of the entire technology stack. You must have solid analytic skills, an enthusiasm for taking ownership, working as a team player, and a strong commitment to quality.
- Design and develop automation test, create infrastructure and environments to run functionality test and end-to-end integration test at scale.
- Utilize understanding of DevOps, software engineering best practices and user experience to influence design and implementation approaches.
- Develop deep understanding of features, proactively identify, troubleshoot and analyze software defects and risks independently, and communicate to cross functional teams to push for solutions. Provide metrics-driven quality assessment for a release.
Skills and Qualifications
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a university degree; or 6 years and an advanced degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent experience. Degree in Computer Science required.
- Related experience is defined as having expertise with Platforms like AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Subject matter expert with quality automation and automating test cases and quality frameworks and enablement of automation of quality testing such as Selinium, Jasmine, SonarCube, Qtest, TDD and Robot Fx.
- Expert in building and managing a service in the public cloud like AWS, Azure and/or GCP.
- Demonstrated proficiency with automation & building/rest APIs such as Python, Node.JS, Typescript and GoLang.
- Proven capability with devops including CI/CD, Monitoring, Provisioning and Deployment, On-Call. This includes Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, CFT, ARM Templates and Terraform.
- Expertise working in Agile/SAFe project management methodologies environments.
- Knowledge of threat models, security compliance such as Blackduck, Coverity, Nessus, Centrify, NxLog and AlertLogic.
- Foundational understanding of networks like VPN, VPC, privatelink and protocols.
- Knowledge of designed cloud service & distributed system applications.
- Foundational understanding of serverless computing such as Lambda, Azure functions and computing engines.
- Some familiarity with Teradata database including SQL is an asset.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent cross boundary collaboration skills.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Quality Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US