Senior Software Engineer, Ecosystem Core Services
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206863
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Senior Software Engineer, Ecosystem Core Services
Our Team Ecosystem Core Services (ECS) provides common infrastructure for Teradata’s Vantage microservice architecture. We provide authentication, authorization and auditing services for applications deployed on the platform leveraging integration into LDAP, SAML and OpenID Connect platforms. ECS enables a REST based Query Service for the Teradata database, secret management, system registration and notifications. ECS maintains Java and Go microservice frameworks which enable rapid application development for Teradata development teams.
Our services are built in Java and Golang with open source technology leveraged where it makes sense. We work across the company with our partners from the AppCenter team, security and the database to deliver integrated solutions. We’re building an ecosystem to enable the next generation of data developers innovate as quickly as possible. That includes building new APIs, frameworks and development tools to make that happen.
Your Opportunity As the Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building our next generation of software to solve the big data problems by leveraging open source tools and frameworks in combination with tried and true best-in-class technologies. You will create a software which will be cloud ready, scalable, distributed and able to handle large volumes of data with low latency and high availability. You will be responsible for developing the company’s core services using the microservices architecture. These services are leveraged by internal development teams and deployed to customers site as part of the Analytics platform. Our engineers are customer-focused, strong performance analysts, Linux systemssavvy, and good API designers. These skills help us define the bleeding edge for elegant, and scalable services.
The ideal candidate will have experience with design and implementation of distributed systems and web services design. You should have a thorough understanding of Internet protocols and experience implementing services using Java/Golang in a Linux/Unix and Kubernetes/Docker environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on and owning software services, is customer-centric, and feels strongly not only about building excellent software systems but also making it scalable, fault-tolerant and highly performant.
Your Business Objectives would include:
• Collaborate with cross-functional agile teams that include product owners, and front-end, backend, and quality engineers to conceptualize, build, test and ship software solutions for the next generation of enterprise applications.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Drive technical direction and design of implementations as well as providing guidance to the overall development organization.
• Perform complex code modification, testing and debugging and be able to solve challenging scalability and integration problems.
• Interact with engineering teams and partners to support environments handling ongoing requirements and providing one-on-one coaching to teams adopting our services. • Identify and propose areas of improvement to enhance operability throughout the software development process.
• You must be able to design, develop, document and implement software by leveraging agile and CI/CD methodologies.
• You are comfortable in a team environment that is highly collaborative and places strong emphasis on peer review.
• You are able to engineer applications and web services that can run in the cloud, on premise or in hybrid environments.
• You have a strong passion for developing incredibly simple yet highly functional interfaces.
• You will use Docker containers and Kubernetes to develop new features / solutions.
• You are knowledgeable with open source tools and technologies and can use / extend them wherever appropriate to develop solutions.
• You should be able to mentor new hires and interns.
• You will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. • You are highly motivated, think creatively, and comfortable working in team-based environments.
• Must have 3+ year’s experience programming in Java and/or Golang.
• Experience with server-side and web-based development.
• Experience with containerization technology such as Docker Containers.
• Experience with container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes.
• Agile (Scrum, Kanban, Lean) and Test Driven Development.
• RESTful API development. • Application frameworks – Spring, hibernate.
• Building and/or leveraging distributed systems.
• RDBMS – PostgreSQL, MySQL etc. • Public Cloud – AWS, Azure. Private Cloud – VMWare.
• Virtualization software - VSphere.
• Continuous Integration solutions such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Travis CI or Bamboo.
• Building and leveraging CI/CD pipelines.
• US Master’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) with 3 years of experience or BS degree (in Computer Science or related field) with 5 years of experience.
This position is on site at the San Diego facility.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer, Ecosystem Core Services
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US