Customer Success Director
Location: North Sydney, New South Wales AU
Requisition Number: 206272
Position Title: Director, Customer Success
Director of Customer Success Management (A/NZ)
The A/NZ Director of Customer Success Management is responsible for building, leading and developing a high-performing, expert team of Customer Success Managers charged with ensuring the promotion, adoption and utilization of Teradata solutions by our customers. Our Customer Success Managers are highly respected for their knowledge, skills and empathy to meet our customers’ business challenges through the use of data and analytics at scale. And as our customers rank among the best and largest in their industry, including leading financial institutions, manufacturers, Telcos, retailers, airlines, major government entities and others, this respect is hard earned. We believe the best way to achieve high value outcomes for our customers is to foster a community of people who love data and the world changing possibilities that analytics can provide.
You’ll be leading a team helping your customers with analytical solutions to their business challenges. Our Customer Success team operate as trusted advisors focused on ensuring the customers get access to the best knowledge of our solutions, Architectures, technical detail and delivery know how, that will ensure their success. The Customer Success team establishes and enhances customer relationships that promote retention and loyalty and provides technical expertise and a link to Teradata experts to assist customers in getting value out of their investment in Teradata.
So, you will be smart, adaptive, curious and consultative, with a great attitude and focused on helping your customers understand how analytics provides successful solutions for their business challenges. You will be a knowledge seeker, constantly searching and collaborating with colleagues, customers and partners. As the leader of the Customer Success Team, you will thrive on team work, ensuring your team work closely with our Account Executives, Business Consultants, delivery consultants, field engineers and the extended support organization.
You are a good communicator, with an ability to see both the widescreen and the close-up of how technology provides solutions and opportunities for your customers. And when we say communicate, we mean you’ll be talking with everyone from the DBA to senior executives; comfortable and confident that you team will deliver the best possible solutions for your customer.
You will be a ‘trusted advisor’ to your clients; your technology leadership, experience, not forgetting your business skills, means you can seek out and develop opportunities for Teradata solutions that meet your customer’s needs. You will also keep up with our competitors’ capabilities, because your customer needs confidence in your understanding of their data challenges. We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything; in fact, we would prefer you to have wide and far-reaching knowledge and experience, with perhaps a specialism field or two that you are knowledgeable in. And whatever your particular experience, you can explain, demonstrate and deliver right across the board in your customer’s organization.
So, if your passion for real, deliverable solutions to some of the biggest data challenges in the world matches ours, and what we’ve said appeals to your sense of adventure, come and work for us.
What you will be doing...
- You will build and lead a motivated and mutually supporting team of Customer Success Managers, who are passionate about ensuring Teradata Customers gain business success through the adoption of Teradata technology
- Make sure that the Customer Success Managers in their reporting line are assigned to appropriate Accounts and assist them in developing “trusted advisor” status with key client stakeholders;
- You will help support the Customer Success Managers in their development of Customer Success plans that map out strategies, activities, metrics and architecture plans that drive consumption of Teradata solutions and services;
- You will be accountable for the success of the customers managed by your teams and ensure that other functions and stakeholders throughout the Teradata organization are engaged because we want to make these customers even more successful;
- You will assess the strengths and weaknesses of the Customer Success Managers in their reporting line against the requirements of the accounts that they are assigned to and design and execute appropriate development plans;
- You will support the APAC Sales Technology VP and the Global VP Customer Success in developing and executing strategies that increase the effectiveness of the Customer Success Management function.
- You will make sure that know-how and skills their teams are shared with peers and colleagues throughout the organization;
- Inspire confidence in Teradata software and services through your professionalism and expertise to ensure the customer is successful in their utilisation and adoption of Teradata technology
- Partner with other account team members on overall account planning and strategy
- Partner with the account team and renewal managers to ensure renewals are completed on time as well as looks for opportunities for upselling.
What skills are needed for ideal candidates
- Passionate and enthusiastic individual able to manage, coach and develop teams of consultants with excellent organizational and people skills;
- Have a proven track record as a people manager;
- Have at least 10+ years hands-on experience in architecting / designing / supporting / delivering analytic solutions for large enterprises in either a pre-sales or delivery role
- A clear, confident and persuasive communicator, who can make a clear and understandable logical argument and successfully defend their position
- Demonstrate ability to understand the customers’ needs and provide thought leadership to influence and build trust at different customer levels
- Have a keen interest and understanding of developments in the data and analytic technology world
- Have an excellent ability to multi-task and juggle priorities while ensuring you and the teams work life balance is kept in check
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and, of course, be proficient in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills
- Have a degree level qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
Grade and salary are commensurate with the demands of the role and based on skills and experience. And you can work from a local Teradata facility or virtually, depending upon your preference.
You will meet with customers and account teams in-person, and a small amount of local and international travel is needed from time to time for training purposes. The role allows for some flexibility of working hours in line with the immediate needs of your customers and the account team.
City: North Sydney
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Success Director
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Sydney, New South Wales AU