Location: North Sydney, New South Wales AU
Requisition Number: 205567
Position Title: Business Consulting IV
Senior Industry Consultant (APAC) – Supply Chain & Logistics
This is primarily a pre-sales, Regional industry expert position. Our Senior Industry Consultant will provide thought leadership, inject deep domain expertise and be a strategic Regional resource as part of a co-ordinated business-outcome focused, technology enabled sales strategy. The Industry Consultant’s primary responsibility will be to engage with strategic and high potential customer opportunities in the Region to establish vision, value and credible relationships with client’s key stakeholders; work with the account teams to identify and develop consumption-led opportunities; and support the selling of analytical services and solutions that drive recurring Teradata revenue.
Scope also includes staying abreast of industry and market developments; being an influencer in key industry conferences; driving innovation and IP creation; engaging with communities of interest in the Region; and collaboration with peers and colleagues across Teradata worldwide.
The ideal applicant will have a solid industry / domain background, consultative engagement experience, and foundation as an analytical practitioner. Experience of working across diverse geographies, cultures and teams, and dealing with ambiguity and change is highly desirable.
This role will report to Industry Consulting Practice Leader for APAC. Regional HQ is Singapore, but the successful candidate need not be based there. Frequent travel (around 60%) across the Region is to be expected.
- Proactively support account teams in developing and exploiting strong relationships with client senior management with deep subject matter expertise and problem solver mindset to key customer business challenges
- Provide thought leadership internally and externally on how Teradata and our solutions can help customers solve their business challenges and deliver real outcomes
- Work closely with account teams to build and qualify opportunities with a focus on business outcomes, visioning, value proposition, and increasing consumption of Teradata software
- Influence and shape value driven propositions by developing and providing business focussed content for proposals
- Innovate and develop industry leading solutions and reusable assets from customer engagements
- Mentor other Teradata consultants on engagements to infuse business knowledge into their specific technical consulting or business consulting expertise
- Actively promote Teradata through extensive, engaging, relevant and timely external communication
- Collaborate and share knowledge across the practice, the Regions and the wider Teradata organization
Experience / Skills Required
- 10 years’ experience in Supply Chain & Logistics domain in at least one industry with a range of the following skills:
- In depth experience in some and good understanding of all of the key supply chain capability areas, such as purchasing, demand planning, transport and logistics planning and optimization, inventory and warehousing, commercial supply chain finance planning
- Industry Consulting experience
- Analytical Consulting experience
- Knowledge of key global and APAC business drivers in the supply chain domain
- Demonstrable industry thought leadership and the ability to influence and build trust
- Fluency in English, with secondary or multiple language skills
- Prior experience of working in a multi-country organisation
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and change management skills
- Ability to translate data, analytics and technology concepts into concise business focused messages, and vice-versa
- Demonstrable ability to innovate and articulate what the next big solutions need to deliver, thereby enabling client competitive advantage
- Strong analytical skills, able to quickly and accurately assess new situations and identify potential approaches and / or solutions to complex, multi-disciplinary problems
- Exemplary presentation and written communication skills
City: North Sydney
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Business Consultant
Job Category: Sales
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Sydney, New South Wales AU