Business Partner Retail Industry
Location: Frankfurt, Hesse DE
Requisition Number: 205415
Position Title: Industry Consulting V
Business Partner Retail
Teradata Business Partners are key members of our EMEA go-to-market (GTM) support teams. Engaging directly with our clients, and in support of our GTM account teams, they’re part of a close collaborative team with other key dedicated account team colleagues – the Account Executive, the Business Consultant and the Solution Engineer.
They’re responsible for ensuring both our, and our clients’, success, so this is a role that demands experience, authority and leadership of the highest calibre. And, as you’d expect from a global leader in data analytic solutions, our Industry Consultants combine their extensive industry experience with a sound understanding of how Teradata’s unique data analytic solutions best meet our clients’ needs.
We believe the best people to explore and develop Teradata value propositions for retail are the very senior professionals who understand and have successfully experienced data solutions for global brands. Your experience of the transformative power of data analytics, and your considerable influence within the industry, will help position Teradata as a leader in data analytic solutions in the retail sector.
And possibilities for future further personal development within Teradata abound. Our ambition to be the global leader in data analytic solutions for the retail sector is clear. We know the future of retail will rely heavily on successful transformation and utilisation of data analytics to counter the growing challenges of e-commerce and online selling. And with ambition comes realisation, which brings opportunity. For ourselves, and, of course, for you. We’re global, so your ambition won’t be limited or constrained at Teradata.
So, if you’re already working in retail at C-suite level, with an extensive network of similar professionals within your industry, and a proven track record of success at this level, and are considering the next major step in your career development, then we’d like to hear from you.
As a Business Partner Retail, your primary focus is to create value with, and for, Teradata technology by focusing on the largest opportunities for the selling of assets, solutions and consulting services at scale.
Broadly, this means
- You’ll proactively engage with both field sales teams and Teradata clients and prospects to deliver business outcomes at scale across our EMEA organisation. So your considerable experience in retail, and specific in-depth expertise in segments or functional areas of that industry, is vital.
- With your extensive network of senior leaders and decision makers, you’ll report on trends and new developments within their organisations, and relay that knowledge to our marketing and sales activities, while supporting innovation and thought leadership.
- Your strong grasp of the business value associated with the data domain – data warehouse applications, big data analytics, business intelligence, and advanced analytics – is essential for providing our Business Outcome partners with effective long-term outlooks for targeting opportunities for Teradata to offer solutions at scale for our clients.
- The collaborative nature of your role requires very strong teambuilding and working capabilities. And your excellent communication skills will help you successfully communicate your thoughts and ideas to all of the agencies you’ll have contact with – colleagues, media and clients, from the ground up and on to the C-suites.
More specifically, you’ll be responsible for
- Making Teradata a thought leader in the industry by developing collateral and customer facing material, evangelizing Teradata’s point of view at industry events, such as Forbes Live, and building a social media presence within the industry.
- Building our Retail Industry Practice through ongoing development of industry business outcome concepts, methodologies, templates and material for both internal and external (client) use – and support account teams with specific opportunities to integrate in their account plans.
- Coaching and mentoring sales teams to provide support and clear direction on the value and deployment of retail industry data management and business outcome concepts to the organization overall – but specifically to the Business Consultants and Account Executives.
- Engaging your clients to see the value of accelerating their business analytical roadmap – documenting their current baseline value realized as well as desired future value opportunities from the use of Teradata technologies.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about your industry, data, and analytics – can you tell a story with data that excites your clients and convinces them of its business value?
- A BSc, MSc or MBA in a science, business, technical or professional discipline, or equivalent work experience
- At least 10+ years industry experience in retail at a senior level – including demonstrable experience in selling commercial packaging of complex solutions involving software and consulting services, projects and programs
- Experienced in transformation processes with an ability to lead change management initiatives
- A clear, confident and persuasive communicator, who can make a clear and understandable logical argument and successfully defend their position – especially when making the case to decision makers at the highest levels
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and proficient in both written and spoken business English
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills
Because the role is collaborative, you’ll need to be on your client’s site for most of the time. And, depending on your location, travel to your client’s site is expected across EMEA.
Teradata is firmly committed to diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We value the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered solely on their skills, experience and alignment with the responsibilities of the role.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Partner Retail Industry
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Frankfurt, Hesse DE