Location: Antony, Ile-de-France FR
Requisition Number: 205161
Position Title: Technology Consulting II
The Domain Architect has the deepest understanding of a single technology subsystem. They have expertise in at least one specific domain area. Example domains include: Data Warehouse, Big Data, Data Integration, Data Orchestration, Business Intelligence / Analytics, Applications, and Cloud. The Domain Architect defines the application or system and technology specific architecture as part of a broader project architecture that is defined at a higher level by the Solution Architect. The Domain Architect has consulting skills related to their technology domain specialty, and working with implementation team members from both the client and Teradata. The Domain Architect may be the Project Tech Lead on a project.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Utilize expertise within their domain to communicate architecture fit, implementation capabilities, risk factors, and related details to facilitate system implementation
- Define the implementation blueprint for a system at the Enterprise, Program, or Solution level
- Design and develop architecture for integration of a specific Unified Data Architecture system component into the client’s Analytic Ecosystem.
- Define the client’s architecture at the Solution (Physical) and Deployment Layers of the analytic architecture cube.
- Provide direct support to the Solution Architect and the solution delivery team.
- Work with Teradata project managers to scope projects and develop a statement of work, project plan, and risk analysis.
- Provide domain thought leadership and actively participate in the design, implementation, and roll-out efforts.
- All consultants are expected to build value in themselves. Teradata’s extensive library of both instructor led and web based training provides ample opportunity for the consultant to build and maintain marketable skills. Time has been allocated specifically for this task and each consultant is expected to have a ‘Learning Plan’. Progress against the learning plan is part of the annual appraisal.
- All consultants are expected to build value in their practice through the contribution and reuse of consulting assets. After each assigned project, a consultant is expected to evaluate the project deliverables and to contribute those items that may be useful to other consultants that may be assigned similar projects. When a new project is assigned, the consultant will search the asset repository for assets that may improve or accelerate the project delivery.
- Deepest level of expertise in a specific domain of the analytic ecosystem technologies
- Expertise in at least one specific domain area. Example domains include: Data Warehouse, Big Data, Data Integration, Data Orchestration, Business Intelligence / Analytics, Applications, and Cloud. There may be additional domains besides these.
- Has been or is currently actively involved in designing and or implementing projects that include their specific domain area of expertise
- Expertise in On-Premises and Cloud - Can define architectures covering on-premises, cloud, and hybrid of on-premises combined with cloud
- Adopts Architecture Principles - Adopts and validates the architecture definition against Teradata's architecture principles
- Identifies and Utilizes Design Patterns - Promotes reuse through actions, identifies and develops emerging patterns and advocated positions/approaches
- The Domain Architect has consulting skills related to their technology domain specialty, and working with implementation team members from both the client and Teradata
- Targets Audience Appropriately - Transitions between architects and implementers at appropriate level for the audience
- Articulate and persuasive - Can present as a system team leader and influence decisions
Community / Marketing Title: Domain Architect
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Antony, Ile-de-France FR