Location: Milan, Lombardia IT
Requisition Number: 205150
Position Title: Analytics Consulting II
Data Developers development, implement, and test data ingestion and/or ETL/ELT processes to meet functional and non-functional requirements and objectives. Data Developers focus on moving vast amounts of data from source to target systems and building data pipelines. A Data Developer works with the delivery team, Data Engineers, and Data Scientists as part of an agile process solving complex data projects using innovative solutions. Data Developers have a deep knowledge of Teradata and the data warehousing arena, and open source analytical and data technologies. Data Developers are broadly aligned with the Data Acquisition & Integration sub-practice.
Data Developers are encouraged to develop into “T-shaped” professionals, who may specialize in one or two disciplines (e.g.: streaming ingest or ELT processing) and technologies (e.g.: Informatica, GCFR, Kafka), but also have a working knowledge of a wider range of data processing patterns and technologies. Data Developers develop an adaptable skillset to enable them to perform technical consultancy and post sales project delivery.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Supporting our clients with data provisioning and acquisition processes.
- Focus on collecting, parsing, quality assessing, and managing data, including sensor, clickstream, emails, documents etc.
- Capture ETL requirements – note this includes all data integration techniques such as ELT, etc.
- Develop, implement, and test processes for extracting data from legacy systems, production databases, Teradata, Hadoop, and Open Source platforms.
- Develop, implement, and test processes for validating and conditioning data prior to loading it into a Teradata Warehouse, Hadoop, or other platforms.
- Develop, implement, and test processes for loading initial and cyclical data into a Teradata Warehouse, Hadoop, or other platforms.
- Develop, implement, and test the processes to meet service level agreements for data timeliness and frequency.
- Determine which data elements are historic and the retention period for historic data.
- Determine data growth trends and peak business periods.
- Contribute to the development of new techniques, models, processes or plans within area of expertise.
- Ensure technical solutions are shared and collated in our asset library.
- Deliver high-quality services to our clients.
- Build relationships with clients.
- In depth knowledge of the Teradata Database and / or Hadoop platforms.
- In depth knowledge of ETL tools and writing programs with the SQL language.
- Ability to understand and properly use data integration techniques such as ETL and ELT.
- Profiling, validating, conditioning, transforming, and cleansing of data.
- Knowledge in one or more programming or scripting languages like Java, C++, PHP, Ruby, Python and/or R
- Background in Unix systems, especially Linux.
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools, such as Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, MicroStrategy.
- Implement projects on premises, in the cloud, and hybrid environments.
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
- Understanding of the Teradata Reference Information Architecture
- Work with the appropriate project management methodology (Agile or Waterfall) based upon customer and project requirements
- Knowledge of the software delivery life cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to work alone or in a team, equally effectively.
- Enthusiasm, passion and interest in data analytics.
- Support the analytics process, helping to design, construct and build analytical datasets, which includes exploring and visualizing large sets of data.
- Good communicator
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and self-motivate.
- Quickly adapt in a fast pace environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Developer
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Milan, Lombardia IT