Location: Madrid, Madrid ES
Requisition Number: 205139
Position Title: Analytics Consulting II
A Platform Engineer plans, designs, and deploys platform technologies. They define technology choices, deployment options, and migration strategies. Platform Engineers define and design high availability and business continuity architecture. Platform Engineers perform sizing and performance analysis, optimization, capacity planning, configuration, system administration, upgrades, etc.
Platform Engineers may be specialists in a domain such as Cloud Architecture, Teradata Administration, Hadoop Administration, Performance Analysis, or DevOps automation, but also require a broad background in the overall analytic ecosystem which allows them to consider the overall impact of solution choices. Platform Engineers drive adoption of platform technologies such as Teradata, Hadoop, and containerization, across both on-premises and cloud deployments.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform hardware and software planning and design, installation and configuration, optimization, upgrades, and other task related to platform services like Linux, Hadoop, Docker and Kubernetes, etc.
- Manage and administrate Teradata database systems, Hadoop Systems, and others.
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain distributed platform architectures
- Interface with project stakeholders to define and document system design requirements
- Document the designed solution
- Develop and validate the solution design
- Test the developed solution (smoke test, system integration test, performance test)
- Deploy solutions in cloud, on-premises, or in hybrid environments
- Support and maintain the deployed solution
- Establish and maintain a configuration management solution
- Establish and maintain Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines
- All consultants are expected to build value in themselves. Teradata’s extensive library of both instructor led, and web-based training provides ample opportunity for the consultant to build and maintain marketable skills. Time has been allocated specifically for this task and each consultant is expected to have a ‘Learning Plan’. Progress against the learning plan is part of the annual appraisal.
- All consultants are expected to build value in their practice through the contribution and reuse of consulting assets. After each assigned project, a consultant is expected to evaluate the project deliverables and to contribute those items that may be useful to other consultants that may be assigned similar projects. When a new project is assigned, the consultant will search the asset repository for assets that may improve or accelerate the project delivery.
- Experience with database technologies, Data Warehousing, Big Data, Data Integration, and open source solutions
- Deep understanding of core Teradata RDBMS technology
- Experience/Exposure to Teradata, particularly relating to optimization
- Strong SQL programming and tuning skills
- Expert in Linux - basic layout, package management, user management, shell scripting and overall Unix vocabulary
- Strong background in Hadoop, especially from DevOps perspective. For example, Cloudera Manager, Apache Ambari
- Experience with Hortonworks Hadoop or Cloudera Hadoop platform installation, administration, configuration and upgrades
- Understanding of Big Data and analytics solutions in the cloud, including public, private, managed, and hybrid variants:
- Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Teradata IntelliCloud
- Operations Best Practices
- Proficiency in at least one programming or scripting language e.g. Java, Groovy, Python, Ruby, Perl
- Strong background in a configuration management tool e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack
- Good knowledge of a version control system e.g. (Git, Subversion)
- Ability to use bug/task/change tracking tools e.g. Jira, Bugzilla
- Knowledge of build tools e.g. Maven, Gradle and use of infrastructure servers for example Nexus, Artifactory
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Basic knowledge of security and authentication (LDAP and/or Kerberos and SSL)
- Experience with or some knowledge of system integration tools and/or middleware
- Understanding basic networking concepts (WAN, LAN, DNS, OSI, Protocols)
- Familiarity with DevOps methodology
- Experience with test automation in any language
- Ability to write technical documentation clearly and concisely e.g. technical design, operation guides, user guides and tutorials
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
- Experience with Agile delivery methodology, preferably Kanban or SCRUM
- Team spirit and strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Understand the client’s business goals and articulate the linkage to IT plans, architecture, and solution designs
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience across one or more industries
- Good communicator with both Business & IT
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to take initiative and self-motivate
- Proficiency in collaborating across a global team
- Facilitates team and client interactions effectively
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Quickly adapts in a fast pace environment
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
Community / Marketing Title: System Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Madrid, Madrid ES