Senior Front End Web Application Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204981
Position Title: User Interface Engineer (IV)
The Teradata Data Engineering team is looking for a self-driven Senior Front end web application engineer that cares about the overall user, developer and customer experience. You will help design, build & maintain applications, dashboards and reports using Covalent, our open source UI Platform built on Angular 2 + Material Design. You will also build cloud-based data & analytical products and tools on this platform. As a Senior engineer, you will be responsible for building sophisticated analytics applications leveraging the Covalent framework as well as mentoring and leading other FE engineers.
• Design and develop data applications for presenting data for human consumption through sophisticated data visualizations that allow drill-through from a highly summarized view to the detailed events necessary to evaluate cause and effect. Includes automated alerting based on statistically significant variation of key business and operational metrics.
• Design and develop data services for presenting data for programmatic consumption, including complex analytical data services in near real-time with millisecond latency to support in-flight business operations and autonomous decisioning.
• Work closely with backend engineers to connect enterprise data to produce actionable insights to drive business functions. Partner streaming and batch processing mechanisms to provide timely but efficient analysis for critical business functions.
• Collaborate with product management & customers to deliver the best UX
• Mentor UI engineers and lead by example
Qualifications & Skills
• 6 or more years of web development experience
• Testing suite experience (Unit tests, Browser tests, Usability tests, or related)
• UI framework proficiency (Angular-Material, Polymer, Foundation, Bootstrap, or related)
• RESTful API consumption and design (Build & Consume services)
• Visualization framework experience (D3.js, Highcharts, Google Charts, or related)
• Hybrid app development (Electron, Ionic)
• Use of build tools (Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, or related)
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong collaboration skills within a project team and across teams.
• Experience with relational data processing (SQL, RDBMS) a plus
• Experience with cloud technologies is a plus.
• Git & Github experience (Gitflow or Fork model)
• Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban, Lean)
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Front End Web Application Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US