Vice President/General Manager, Americas Government Sales and Services
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 204693
Position Title: Geo Vice President
Vice President/General Manager, Americas Government Sales and Services
The VP/GM has a direct reporting relationship to the EVP, Americas Sales & Services. Our Government practice consists of Public Sector accounts – DoD, Civilian, State and Local, and Health and Human Services. The VP/GM is responsible for executing on our on-going transformation strategies and providing effective change management for our Government accounts and prospects within the Americas Region. The VP/GM will foster a winning sales culture and is directly accountable for driving revenue growth in both existing and prospect accounts. They are responsible for managing the Government P/L. They should be passionate about recruiting and developing talent to execute on our Business Solution Led consultative sales approach. The VP/GM, along with his/her team, will be responsible for creating and driving key industry partnerships to help drive both meaningful and strategic revenue. In this role, the VP/GM will partner closely with the underlying Government leadership team to execute quarterly, annual and long-term strategies for the Government business. They provide thought leadership, develop the strategic business plan, and offers continued guidance to the underlying Government teams.
Areas of Focus
- Sales Leadership: The ability to motivate and empower a sales team to achieve a common goal. This includes providing a shared vision, modeling the way, and challenging the status quo to champion new initiatives. This competency involves providing clear direction, championing change, influencing others, and creating an environment that fosters professional and personal success. Focus is on driving SW and Services (with the main emphasis on SW) through solution-led sales and developing relationships with Partners to extend our sales coverage of territories.
- Sales Coaching and Development: The ability to individually coach, mentor and develop sales managers and sales associates to enhance their performance. This includes coaching both sales skills and selling strategy. This also includes evaluating performance and providing individual mentoring and development plans. This involves providing strong leadership in sales engagements, ensuring sales managers are accountable for establishing winning sales strategies, offering shared expectations with key decision makers and executing sales engagements.
- Managing Sales and Business Results: Full P&L accountability for the Government region. The ability to effectively manage order/revenue generation and business profitability while meeting strategic business objectives. This includes territory design, aggressive quota setting, account assignments, demand creation, funnel management, forecasting, resource planning, asset management, pricing decisions and expense control. This also includes an understanding of the meaning and implications of key financial levers that impact overall business performance. This includes the following but is not limited to the following:
- Set, direct, and execute winning sales strategies
- Drive execution of Demand Creation that leads to growing wallet share of existing clients, as we as driving new accounts and increased revenue streams
- Drive the Account Planning process
- Assign territories and accounts to sales representatives
- Leverage tools to manage sales activities, funnel build, deal closure and forecast processes.
- Manage the sales funnel and the line of sight, budget and expense control
- Accurately forecast business results/outlook
- Leads the Sales organization consisting of Account Executives, Sales Management and supporting organizations in Solution Engineers, Consulting Services, Business Consulting, Advanced Analytics and Public Cloud/On Premise solutions.
- Manages, fosters and grows relationships at the executive level with high visibility, key clients which include DOJ, CMS, US Postal, Air Force, US TRANSCOM, Maryland, Michigan, and numerous others.
- Develops and builds the Sales business plan for the Government business providing focus in the development of capabilities, including recruiting, investment decisions, pricing, and coaching others in professional development.
- Develops strategies and offerings that are relevant to Teradata prospects and allows the organization to evolve ahead of changes in business conditions.
- Develops long-term strategic relationships with key prospects, industry partners, and internal organizations.
- Facilitates a work environment that enables the recruitment, development and retention of top talent to drive revenue growth and increased profitability.
- Drives business conversations with customer executives who implement strategy and make buying decisions for their respective agencies.
This role works from our Annapolis, Maryland office, supporting the entirety of the region. Some home office work is acceptable. A sense of urgency, team collaboration, attention to detail and commitment to excellence is required. The VP/GM should also foster an environment of creative, “out the box” thinking and a “can do” attitude.
- Routinely interface with Sales and Consulting Services Leadership Team (e.g., Consulting Services Managing Partners, Business Consultants, Solution Center Director/Consultants, Pricing and Executives).
- Partner with Human Resources, Pricing teams, Finance Teams, Learning, Marketing/Communications, and Finance & Accounting Managers/Consultants.
- Ability to work in and lead in a matrixed team environment is essential.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills are required to gain common ground with prospects, fellow team members, and partners.
- Ability to coordinate all necessary internal resources is critical.
- Ability to drive business discussions with key customer executives.
Skills & Qualifications
A successful candidate should be a results-oriented strategic thinker with a proven track record of long range planning. A self-starter, who is creative and driven and has strong communication and presentation skills. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for prospects and previous experience selling Data and Analytic solutions is desirable. The candidate will need to be successful in collaborating across a matrixed environment. The ideal candidate should be innovative and skilled at seizing opportunities and transforming strategy into results. The candidate should also have a strong executive presence and ability to positively present themselves and the Teradata Value Proposition to customers and prospects.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a business or technical discipline
- Significant experience leading multi-functional teams.
- Minimum of five years of VP/GM experience and ten years of sales management experience
- Demonstrated success in managing teams to drive large account wallet share as well as develop and drive new account opportunities
- Demonstrated success in managing a successful business and P&L supported by a track record of accomplishments.
- Demonstrated success in executive sales management with 75%+ success record for making personal sales management goals and minimum of 50% of associates achieving objectives.
- Ability to secure a Top-Secret Clearance.
- Deep understanding of Government Procurement integrity and processes.
- Should have executive level relationships that can be leveraged within the Customer and partner community.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k),
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Vice President/General Manager, Americas Government Sales and Services
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US