Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Location: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG
Requisition Number: 204589
Position Title: PS Consultant (I)
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Location: Cairo, Egypt
If you have a passion for data analytics, relish the opportunity to create a user-centered experience and craft the visual aesthetics to make it the best possible application it can be, this position is for you. Data Visualisation and UI Design Experts will help build information-rich and appealing data visualisations and user interfaces for a wide variety of data products. You will also help our clients use visual analytics techniques beyond static reports and spreadsheets. This is a vital position in the Teradata Analytics team to enable our customers, see and reason about their data better. You will use cutting edge and innovative technologies, follow the latest data visualisation trends and approaches, and enjoy the success when presenting and finding critical insights in our client’s data assets.
We recognize the symbiosis and importance of modern data visualisation, eye-pleasing aesthetics, user-centric design and traditional Business Intelligence techniques such as dashboards and interactive reports for our enterprise customers. This position requires the candidate to be comfortable with all areas, helping our clients bridge these domains and to find the right balance and setup for their specific business environment.
In this position, you will be a torchbearer for data visualisation and UI design, and the incredible results that can come from it, both outside and inside of Teradata.
Candidates should be based in Cairo, Egypt.
Your responsibilities and activities will include:
· Act as a subject matter expert and provide thought leadership in the modern data visualisation space
· Shape our data visualisation and UI design consulting business by leading business development efforts and consulting projects
· Represent Teradata as a data visualisation design expert including speaking at Teradata events, community meet-ups, industry conferences etc.
· Act as trusted advisor for data visualisation solutions and services for our clients and prospects
· Design and develop eye-catching data visualisation demos and storylines, adding to and expanding Teradata solutions and consulting services
· Spearhead the evangelisation of and demonstrate the power of data visualisation and UI design inside Teradata, i.e. by teaching, leading community activities, running workshops and by building reusable assets
· Design, develop and maintain visual data visualizations with a focus on operational excellence, asset optimization, client experience, product innovation, finance transformation, risk mitigation
· Participate in and contribute to several agile development projects through participation in design discussions, implementation, demos and sprint reviews
· Cooperate with business departments and subject matter experts to deliver new analytics and BI capabilities
· Collaborate with Information Technology professionals to understand customer requirements and data architecture, and assist with the migration of existing reports and interfaces
Qualifications & Skills
· A passion for data visualisation and a keen design sense, with an eye for what makes a visual design aesthetically pleasing and the ability to create beautiful design and visualisations
· Ability to visualise and present data to facilitate understanding and to support finding answers to business questions, making the results easy to understand, and beautiful to look at
· Be familiar with data visualisation and UI design techniques such as mock-ups, journey mapping or wireframing to capture business and data visualisation requirements
· Proven experience in leading data visualisation design and implementation efforts
· Several years of practical experience with data visualisation and corresponding UI technologies such as Tableau, Qlik, Microsoft Power BI, D3, Shiny, react etc.
· Good data analysis skills
· Work experience in an agile managed project or at least awareness of pertinent concepts
· Combine an analytical and creative approach to problem solving and have business strategy skills to build the solutions necessary to ask the right questions and find the right answers
· Be a clear, confident and persuasive communicator, with excellent presentation skills and with the ability to structure a coherent, logical argument and the confidence to defend assumptions, projections and recommendations
· Willingness and ability to travel frequently
· Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English to “speak the business language” with the ability to visualise data
Education And Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline
· 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence or Information Management
· 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Power BI and data visualization
· Proven ETL experience with Data Warehousing, and Cubes
· Proficiency in dealing with Data Quality, Profiling, Data Governance, Master Data Management, and Metadata Management
· Advanced knowledge of SQL stored procedures, triggers, analytic functions, and tuning (desirable)
We offer you a not average place to work: we are inspiring and passionate people. We may work hard at times, but always in a dynamic, relaxed and collaborative culture. We offer you the chance of joining a rapidly expanding organization with ambitious growth targets, where you can really make the difference and shape the future.
Position is based in Cairo. However, we are often required to spend time on-site with our customers, mainly local but also international ones. You will be required to participate in travel-based work as a Teradata team member.
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG