Sub-Practice Leader - Data Engineering, US Virtual
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 204572
Position Title: PS Partner (II)
Sub-Practice Leader – Data Engineering
Location: United States, Virtual
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Are you passionate about making companies smarter? Teradata provides end-to-end solutions and services in big data, analytics and data warehousing enabling companies to become a data-driven business. We are looking for people who share our vision to join our team of more than 10,000 associates around the globe.
Responsible for Evolution/Integration of Practice Services & Capabilities in support of Americas and collective Geo Sales goals & objectives for Data Engineering (Data Architecture, Data Ingest, Data Integration, Competitive Migrations). Support mentoring and growth of all resources for Data Engineering competencies. Directly manage more “domain-specific” professionals while supporting the GEO practice with specific competency-specific, in-depth talent development support focused on broadening the skills of our Field Consultants.
- Sales Support: Enable Account & Geo Practice teams to better sell Data Engineering solutions by harvesting, hardening, improving and promoting (evangelizing) delivery solutions within the consultancy and sales organization.
- Results Management: Monitor overall health of Practice (Financial metrics, quality, individual growth). Work with Data Practice Lead and Geo Delivery Leaders to remediate issues.
- People Management: Responsible for management of sub-Practice (aka sub-sub-Practice) Leaders goals, objectives, consulting & technical development.
- Practice Development: Responsible for development of new/evolved services & solution assets & capabilities. Responsible for working with Training and other Enablement groups to ensure successful deployment/usage of new offers, assets & capabilities. This includes the mentoring of Principal Consultants in the field and working closely with our offshore counterparts. Primary liaison with Product Management & Engineering on the identification of product needs and addressing the Practice implications of new product releases. May participate in internal UAT activities. Work with other practice/sub-practice leaders to ensure proper integration of services, assets and capabilities.
- Delivery: Billable/recoverable activities on strategic/highly complex engagements. Ideally spread across multiple engagements.
- Billable attainment - will be balanced against other measure attainment.
- Sales & Results Mgt. - Account team feedback as well as number & quality of Proposals/SOW's, Presentations delivered in support of new/expanded opportunities. Achievement of collective Geo Results for Practice area including demand creation/uptake of new services & capabilities.
- Practice Development - Account team, Geo Leadership and Practice Leadership feedback on timeliness, quality and impact of contributions from the Data Engineering Practice. Number of adopted new/evolved services, offers, assets & capabilities. Effectiveness of integration with other areas. Participation and contributions to Product Roadmap.
- Delivery Quality – Number of engagements that leveraged produced material. Customer and Account team feedback on quality/impact (delivery acceleration/value) of technical solution outcome including direct deliverables and those of individuals who they have project leadership responsibility for.
Productive Time allocation (approximate)
- 10-30% billable
- 30-60% Practice Development
- 10-20% Presales support
- 20-30% Managerial and Administrative
Skills & Experience
- Proven Practice Leadership skills & experience
- Experience leading complex Technical Consulting Competency
- Experience with leading Data & Analytic-focused consulting org highly desirable
- Leads Change: Knows how to meet diverse challenges and manage resistance to change initiatives.
- Facilitates & Fosters Collaboration: Engages others and gains participation in collaborative efforts.
- Produces Results: Drives execution of results via harvesting, curation and deployment of new/enhanced services and capabilities.
- Cross industry experience: manufacturing, financial services, retail, healthcare, media and entertainment, transportation and logistics.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Experience leading large, complex data/platform delivery programs
- Implementation Approaches: Experience of different options for implementation of Data & Analytic solutions.
- DW and Hadoop/Open-Source Technologies: Experience building data warehouse, data mart, big data, and analytics solutions leveraging relational and non-relational technologies leveraging a wide set of data integration capabilities.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related business degree.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Sub-Practice Leader - Data Engineering, US Virtual
Job Category: Consulting
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US