Principal Product Architect-High Availability
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204482
Position Title: Software Engineer (V)
The Analytical Ecosystem Organization at Teradata develops and delivers world class enterprise solutions which enables our customers to ingest and move data, provide client connectivity, deliver the data fabric for data movement, application frameworks and high availability solutions.
We are a leadership group of progressive thinkers challenging the status quo and raising the bar for our people and for the engineering solutions that we develop and deliver.
The Principal Product Architect High Availability will be responsible for translating product requirements into specific system, application or process designs, including working with product managers, architects, field engineers and executives to identify product specifications and in architecting products and services to cater to the complex high availability demands for Teradata’s current and future customers.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Define strategic vision for high availability for products and services through the integration of component architecture solutions, complex design patterns, technical strategy and blueprints which forms the basis for high availability architecture across the Teradata offering portfolio.
- Define complex architectural strategy and direction of multiple and diverse high availability products and services on a variety of multi-platform systems – on premise, public cloud (AWS and Azure) and hybrid cloud
- Develops system architecture plans and reviews cost and feasibility of system requests working closely with Product Development and Product Management while ensuring the plan supports the strategic needs of the product
- Develop simple and elegant solutions to solve complex problems for Teradata’s customers that exemplifies quality optimization for reliability, availability, scalability, manageability, flexibility, usability /reusability and high performance
- Provides high level mentoring to other Architects by educating them on complex architecture approach across their respective domains
- Create and present technical information in order to influence and gain the understanding of business as well as technical roles across the organization
- Lead a matrixed team of product and strategic architects to deliver a strategic blueprint for high availability products and services at Teradata
Other Job Duties
- Lead multifunctional teams in successful application of methodologies and architecture modeling tools
- Engage with product managers and implementers of the high availability products and services to initiate/lead the engagement after analysis to develop target reference architecture, technical roadmap, strategy and blueprints
- Expertise in the domain of business continuity, disaster recovery, chaos engineering and high availability
- Experience in successful product delivery a must
- Experience with cloud architectures and technologies required
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience required
Location: San Diego or Santa Clara
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Product Architect-High Availability
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US