EMEA Business Value Consultant
Location: London, Greater London GB
Requisition Number: 204338
Position Title: Industry Consulting V
EMEA Business Value Consultant
Are you passionate about making large companies smarter and analytics driven? The world’s largest and most analytically sophisticated enterprises use Teradata’s industry-leading Analytic technology solutions and it’s consulting services to enable them to capture, store, manage, integrate and analyse detailed data to understand and improve business performance. Providing real answers to the enterprise business problems – and be able deploy at scale and across a complex data eco-system. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence - on-premise, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
The EMEA Business Value Consultant is a critical role for the EMEA organization having the overall responsibility for developing and deploying IP, concepts and knowledge around value engineering across the region. The EMEA BVC will provide thought leadership around value engineering for the region and assist sales teams in deploying these concepts as part of their account strategy and planning, as well as integrating them into their sales process. The EMEA BVC will provide leadership for value engineering concepts across the EMEA region through training and mentoring key resources in the region and direct customer engagements.
Furthermore, the EMEA Business Value Consultant will work closely with Teradata sales teams to define and measure the economic value created from the use of Teradata, as well as consult with Teradata customers to the potential business value improvements that our solutions can help achieve for the client. To be successful the BVC consultant will engage with both field sales teams and Teradata customers and prospects. The EMEA Business Value Consultant will report to the EMEA VP, Industry and will be responsible for deployuing and scaling business value engineering knowledge and activities the EMEA organization.
The primary focus of the EMEA BVC is to ensure that the value created through the use of Teradata technology is clearly articulated to both internally and externally and leveraged as part of the ongoing Teradata sales activities that with customers and prospects. The key areas of focus for the EMEA BVC will be:
- Position Teradata as thought leader in the value engineering space by developing collateral and customer facing material, evangelizing Teradata’s point of view for value engineering at events and in customer specific settings and build a social media presence for value engineering
- Build Value Engineering Practice through ongoing development of value engineering concepts, IP, methodologies, templates and material that can be deployed by the organization at large for both internal training, demand creation and external (customer) work. Support account teams with specific opportunities to integrate value engineering concepts and opportunities in their account plans.
- Coaching and mentoring by engaging with sales teams to provide support, mentoring and clear direction on the value and how best to deploy value engineering concepts to the organization overall and specifically to the IC’s, BC’s and AE’s. Also be the champion for change and influence the teams to include more value engineering content in their account strategy and sales activity.
- Engage Customers to evangelize the value of continuous measurement of ROI from data and analytics. Work with customer and sales team to document current baseline value realized as well as desired future value opportunities from the use of Teradata technologies.
Key Areas Of Responsibility
The successful candidate must
- Engage with account teams across the region to assist them in calculating the current baseline for benefits that the client has achieved from their use of Teradata technology as well as engage in calculations of future ROI stemming from use cases being positioned with the clients.
- Consult with clients and prospects to assist them in determining current baseline for return on investment as a result of leveraging Teradata technology and also evangelize the importance of, and the concepts involved in continuous measurement of technology ROI leveraging own experience, thought leadership and industry best practice
- Work with the sales teams and sales leaders to define how value engineering can accelerate current sales activities by providing a more concise view of the potential ROI from use cases being discussed with clients.
- Assist with the development of executive level business cases and participate in their presentation to the client as applicable
- Leverage experience and research to develop a cohesive strategy and compelling key consulting offers, consulting methodologies and sales & marketing collateral in support of value engineering to support account teams in leveraging value engineering concepts
- Work with the region leadership and the EMEA Industry to support the wider Teradata Finance community through thought leadership, regular communications, training and community meetings.
- Act as mentor and evangelist for value engineering by engaging with AE’s, BC’s and IC’s across the region to increase the awareness of value engineering concepts and how they can be applied to account planning and specific sales activities.
- Support key internal and external events with presentations, keynote speeches, social media content, etc, that raises Teradata’s profile as a thought leader in value engineering and a vendor that drives significant ROI for our clients.
A sense of urgency, team collaboration, attention to detail and commitment to excellence is required. The EMEA BVC should also participate in fostering an environment of creative, “out the box” thinking and a “can do” attitude.
A successful candidate should be a results-oriented strategic thinker with a deep understanding of financial modelling concepts and proven track record in customer facing consulting work. A self-starter, who is creative and driven and has strong communication and presentation skills. The candidate will need to be successful in collaborating across a matrixed environment. The ideal candidate should be innovative and skilled at seizing opportunities and leading discussions both internally and with customers. The candidate must have a strong executive presence and ability to positively present themselves and the Teradata value proposition to customers, prospects and internal leadership.
Successful candidates will have the following profile:
- Proven track record of successful engagements as a Business Consultant or Business Value Consultant at a software vendor
- Previous consulting role in big 10 firm, or similar consulting experience
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture frameworks and terminology
- Experience in business analysis, business process discovery and IT specific business consulting
- Experience and inquisitive personality to facilitate interview sessions with wide-ranging client roles and stakeholders
- Economics, Finance or related degree or experience, graduate degree preferred
- Enterprise Business and financial modeling experience
- Experience, and effectiveness in presenting to an executive level audience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Consulting and business analysis work involving operational databases/deployments, modern technology ecosystems, and/or software development concepts and methodologies
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: EMEA Business Value Consultant
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB