Principal Data Scientist - Financial Services
Location: New York, New York US
Requisition Number: 204187
Position Title: Industry Consulting VI
Americas – Sales – Financial Services Principal Data Scientist
Financial Services Principal Data Scientist is an experienced and expert Data Scientist, able to provide industry thought-leadership on Analytics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and its application in the Financial Services industries. The Principal Data Scientist supports account teams in framing business problems and in identifying analytic solutions that leverage Teradata technology and that are disruptive, innovative - and above all, practical. An articulate and compelling communicator, the Principal Data Scientist establishes our position as an important partner for advanced analytics with customers and prospects and is a trusted advisor to executives, senior managers and fellow data scientists alike across a range of target accounts. She is also a hands-on practitioner who is ready, willing and able to roll-up her sleeves and to build Proofs-of-Concepts (POC). The Principal Data Scientist has an excellent theoretical and practical understanding of statistics and machine learning and has a strong track record of applying this understanding at scale to drive business benefit. She is insanely curious and is a natural problem-solver.
Successful candidates will -
- Provide pre-sales support at an executive level to the Teradata account teams, helping them to position and sell complex Analytic solutions that drive sales of Teradata software.
- Provide strategic pre-sales consulting to executives and senior managers in our target market, to enable them to ask-and-answer questions like: how should I identify and prioritize candidate Analytic business improvement opportunities? How can I create an Analytic culture? How do I organize scare Analytic resources? How do I recruit and retain talent and create multi-disciplinary teams? How can I ensure that my Analytic initiatives leave the lab and drive improved business results? How should I approach Analytic governance?
- Provide industry thought-leadership on Analytics and its application across industries and geographies, by, for example, delivering high-impact presentations at external and internal events, like Strata Hadoop, NeuralPS and Teradata Analytic Universe; authoring blogs and articles; publishing white papers; and engaging with relevant media, including social media.
- Support the delivery of Proof of Concept projects that demonstrate the viability and applicability of Analytic use-cases and the superiority of Teradata solutions and services.
- Support account teams in closing new business by assisting them in developing, positioning and closing proposals and actively participate in the design, implementation, and roll-out of these solutions to ensure that customer requirements are met or exceeded and appropriate lessons learned.
- Work with the extended Account team, especially the Industry Consultants, to develop new Analytic propositions that are aligned with industry trends and customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of Teradata’s Analytic solutions and services and provide timely and relevant feedback to the Teradata product, engineering and consulting teams.
- Create, maintain and share IP and assets that contribute to Teradata’s continued success and mentor and develop colleagues.
Successful candidates must -
- Be expert Data Scientists with a strong theoretical grounding in statistics, advanced analytics and machine learning and real-world experience in the application of advanced analytics;
- Deep subject matter expertise across multiple areas of the financial services institution. Experience needs to be material and demonstrable in one or more of following categories:
- Retail and personal Banking including digital and on-line channels.
- Insurance – P&C, Life
- Corporate Treasury and Enterprise CFO roles
- Analytics in Customer, Risk Management and Compliance
- Cross Enterprise Reporting and Analytics in M&A, ALM and Corporate Treasury
- Be numerate, creative problem-solvers able to balance multiple competing requirements;
- Have strong hands-on programming skills in at least one major analytic programming language and/or tool;
- Have excellent interpersonal, consulting and communication skills and a proven ability to persuade and influence;
- Be passionate about knowledge sharing and demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development;
- Believe in Teradata's Analytic solutions and services and be committed to working with the product, engineering and consulting teams to ensure that they continue to lead the market.
Successful candidates will preferably -
- Have a background in analytic consulting and relevant technology pre-sales experience;
- Be expert with SQL and Teradata solutions and services;
- Have a degree level qualification in Statistics, Data Science, the physical or biological sciences or a related discipline.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance, or related field.
- 5+ years relevant experience in predictive modeling and analysis.
- 5+ years of experience with machine learning, data mining, and analytics techniques
- 5+ years of experience in R, Python, Weka, SAS, Matlab or other statistical/machine learning software.
- Strong communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Strong experience and expertise in financial services sector.
- Experience with one or more of these or similar Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Speech Recognition and Statistical Optimization methods.
- Ability to travel to client sites as required.
- 3+ years of experience with software development, continuous development/integration, etc.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or Oracle Cloud services (e.g. EC2, S3, EMR, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL, parallel or distributed programming (e.g. Hadoop/Spark)
- Experience with Graphical Processing Units (GPUs) and CUDA programming.
- Experience in business development and sales.
- Managing client relationships and leading additional sales activities.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: New York
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Data Scientist - Financial Services
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US