Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Requisition Number: 204176
Position Title: PS Consultant (II)
The Junior Database Administrator (DBA) is a junior role in supporting the administration and control of a Teradata Database, associated operating system and related tools. This is a development position where Teradata will invest in the development of the skills and capabilities of the person in the Teradata platform.
The DBA will provide services to administer, maintain, and control the data warehouse including the DBMS, the operating system, and tools.
A good understanding and/or experience of relational databases is a requirement of this position.
This position requires an Australian Government Security Clearance. A prerequisite for a security clearance is the candidate must be an Australian Citizen and a willingness to undergo a security clearance process.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Administration, maintenance, and control of database optimization, performance, workload management, capacity, security, configuration, process scheduling, errors, and execution of maintenance utilities.
- Administration, maintenance, and control of the operating system, network, storage, and tools.
- Managing database objects, data, and referential integrity of the database.
- Manage systems that are located on premises, in the cloud, or functioning in a mixed environment.
- Interact with other team members and the client for the dissemination of information about the database and system administration.
- Periodic backups of the database and operating system, and restoring data as necessary.
- Plan for and support hardware and software installation and upgrades.
- Coordinate and assist in the implementation of data replication and distribution.
- All consultants are expected to build value in themselves. Teradata’s extensive library of both instructor led and web based training provides ample opportunity for the consultant to build and maintain marketable skills. Time has been allocated specifically for this task and each consultant is expected to have a ‘Learning Plan’. Progress against the learning plan is part of the annual appraisal.
- All consultants are expected to build value in their practice through the contribution and reuse of consulting assets. After each assigned project, a consultant is expected to evaluate the project deliverables and to contribute those items that may be useful to other consultants that may be assigned similar projects. When a new project is assigned, the consultant will search the asset repository for assets that may improve or accelerate the project delivery.
- A good knowledge of operations management and control.
- A good knowledge of data warehousing.
- An ability to gain knowledge of Teradata tools, or tools associated with the database system being managed.
- A knowledge of security tools.
- A knowledge of system management and workload management.
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
- An ability to understand the Teradata Reference Information Architecture
- Work with the appropriate project management methodology (Agile or Waterfall) based upon customer and project requirements
State: Australian Capital Territory
Community / Marketing Title: Database Administrator
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU