Senior Account Executive - Insurance Vertical
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Requisition Number: 204053
Position Title: Account Executive V
This position requires an experienced sales professionals with a proven track record of closing complex sales through a consultative sales approach and has knowledge of the Insurance industry. This role will be responsible for direct sales of Teradata solutions, including Hardware and Software, Applications, Professional Services, Customer Services solutions, Education and Managed Services.
- Achieve assigned Order and Revenue Quota.
- Capitalize on industry knowledge and contacts to uncover business issues within named accounts.
- Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques.
- Articulate the proposed solution in terms of ROI to the prospect.
- Utilize team members including post-sales delivery professionals, pre-sales technical professionals, and management to achieve business objectives.
- Rely on excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain executive-level interaction and customer satisfaction.
- Develop new business opportunities and close new business.
- Close profitable Teradata data warehouse solution business incorporating hardware, software, professional services, and customer services
- Complete all required ongoing product and solution training within the timeframes identified for each course.
- Maintain a detailed tracking of all prospect activities for weekly review with management.
- Use Teradata sales tools to manage customer contacts.
- Use Teradata sales tools to track opportunities, deal value, estimated close dates and selling phase.
- Provide monthly reporting of activities and Sales Outlook Forecast to management.
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel is also expected depending on the location of the candidate.
Skills & Attributes
A successful candidate should be driven, creative, a self-starter and strategic thinker. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for customers.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years solution sales experience. 8 - 10 years is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field (Marketing, Sales, Management, Communications)
- Proven multi-year track record in working in complex, multi-million-dollar opportunities in major customer organization within the Insurance industry.
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing a large account relationship.
- Demonstrated success in selling Hadoop, data warehouse and cloud solutions, big data and deep analytics concepts, Business Intelligence and or ETL solutions.
- Familiarity with similar solutions from Oracle, IBM, SAS and SAP.
- Sales-level familiarity with technical aspects of computer hardware and software, current trends in cloud computing.
- Experience in selling and articulating the value of Professional Services and Managed Services (Outsourcing).
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- A self-starter, able to work independently and rapidly understand the Teradata Value Proposition and Solutions.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with ‘C’ and VP level executives.
- Must have a valid passport, drivers’ license; be willing to travel in the U.S. and able to travel unrestricted into the Canada as required.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, strong work/family programs, and benefits coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Account Executive - Insurance Vertical
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US