Industry Consulting Practice Lead
Location: London, Greater London GB
Requisition Number: 203895
Position Title: Industry Princ Consultant (I)
Are you passionate about making large companies smarter and analytics driven? The world’s largest and most analytically sophisticated enterprises use Teradata’s industry-leading Analytic technology solutions and it’s consulting services to enable them to capture, store, manage, integrate and analyse detailed data to understand and improve business performance. Providing real answers to the enterprise business problems – and be able deploy at scale and across a complex data eco-system. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence - on-premise, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
The Industry Consulting Practice Lead reports to the Industry VP for EMEA and is responsible for the resources (Industry Consultants) within the customer, CFO, supply- and demand chain, HR and other horizontal domains. The Industry Consultant (IC) in this context represents an additional resource for the Account Triad to leverage as part of a co-ordinated technical and business-outcome focused sales strategy. The IC will inject deep domain expertise into the sales motion and will work particularly closely with the AE and the Business Consultant to identify, describe and communicate consumption-increasing opportunities at an individual account level.
The IC Practice Leader’s primary responsibility is to lead, coach, develop, and support the team of ICs reporting into him/her. Furthermore, the IC Practice Leader is also expected to be personally involved in the most strategic and high potential customer opportunities within EMEA, building trust with key decision makers and supporting the broader account team in the selling and closing of innovative services, solutions, and programs that drive recurring Teradata software revenue.
Leading the team, the IC Practice Lead is also responsible for exercising a quality control function over the outputs of the individual ICs within his/her team, and ensure that proposals are focused, consistent with Teradata’s strategy and maximise the likelihood of driving the objectives of the Account Triad. In addition, the IC Practice Leader is responsible for managing and resourcing related activities to identify, create and communicate assets that are required to support strategic sales and marketing motions. The IC Industry Leader will also act as a key influencer on other groups within Teradata in respect of asset development and deployment – including (but not limited to) sales and marketing material, industry positioning and white papers, demos, use cases and case studies/references and applications and reusable assets.
The Industry Consulting Practice Lead is a critical business leader for Teradata. The leader is responsible for working with his/her team of ICs to drive innovation within the target customer and prospect base on how to deliver high impact business outcomes leveraging their data, Teradata solutions and state of the art analytics. The primary objective with this is to drive consumption of Teradata software to the benefit of the customers. In order to accelerate the realization of this, the IC Practice Leader and his/her team will front the selling of assets, solutions, and consulting services at scale, focusing on the largest and most differentiated opportunities. Specifically, the IC Industry Leader will:
- Lead the Industry Consulting Practice with a strong focus on people development, practice initiatives and career development while also serving in a coaching role to his/her team. Also continuously optimize the hiring and assignments of IC resources to accounts, ensuring both continuity and right availability of skills
- Foster a strong and vibrant culture that is focused on a sense of urgency, attention to detail and a commitment to excellence and which encourages creative, “out the box” thinking and a “can do” attitude.
- The Industry Practice lead should create an environment that encourages all members of the practice to engage in collaboration and knowledge sharing, not just within the practice, but across the wider Teradata organization.
- Ensure that all members of the practice work closely with the account teams to qualify opportunities and ensure that there is a consistent focus on the business benefits to be realized by Teradata’s customers from increasing their consumption of Teradata software.
- Support the account teams in developing and exploiting strong relationships with client senior management through the provision of deep subject matter expertise and empathy with the many challenges that our clients operate under.
- Provide thought leadership internally and externally on how Teradata and our solutions can help customers solve their business challenges and deliver real outcomes and ROI.
- Also ensure that the whole practice actively promotes Teradata as a trusted partner with credible assets, client stories and references through extensive external communication, including blogging, social media, conference and press speaking etc.
- When applicable, focus ICs on packaged, value-based services and solutions that drive ROI for the customer and ARR growth for Teradata. Leverage Teradata IP, assets and experience, and minimize risk for our clients
This role will require regular customer interaction whereby working in a combination of on-site and virtual office environments is required. In this position up to 70% travel across EMEA might be required and will vary subject to the customers and team members location.
A successful candidate should be a results-oriented strategic thinker with a track record of managing teams consisting of high-performance individuals. We are looking for a self-starter, who is both creative and driven and possesses strong communication and presentation skills. The candidate must have a proven track record of leading, advising and advocating for customers, their internal team and should have a strong executive presence and ability to positively present themselves and the Teradata value proposition to customers, prospects and internal leadership. The candidate will need to be successful in collaborating across a matrixed environment. The ideal candidate should be innovative and skilled at seizing opportunities and transforming strategy into results.
Successful candidates will possess all or most of the following skills:
- BS, MBA, or MS in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Have 10+ years industry experience, ideally including a number of significant functional roles within a leading global organization from one of the industries covered by the practice
- Demonstrate industry thought leadership and the ability to influence and build trust at the C and C-1 level;
- Acknowledged and consolidated experience within the Data domain (Data Warehouse, BI, Data Management, Data Analytics, Advanced Analytics, Big Data, etc.), being able to create solid and trustful working relationships with customers, and understand their business strategy and priorities, and use Data & Analytics as an enabler to grow their business
- Preferably have experience as a business user of Teradata and competitive solutions
- Be able to lead, manage, motivate and coach an extended team of subject matter experts and practitioners throughout a multi-country organization
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning and personal development of both themselves and of the extended teams that they manage;
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills and be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English.
- Acknowledgement and experience in transformation processes, being able to lead change management initiatives.
Teradata is an equal opportunity employer.
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Industry Consulting Practice Lead
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB