Industry Consultant - Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)
Location: London, Greater London GB
Requisition Number: 201827
Position Title: PS Sr Consultant (II)
Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Industry Consultant
Teradata supports the world’s most recognised leaders in their industries, including 15 of the world’s top 20 retailer and CPG companies. Teradata’s customers include Unilever, P&G, Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Ebay.
Our clients continuously challenge us with interesting projects that unlock new insights from their data. We recognise that to realise the business value from this insight it is critical to articulate how the insight can impact business processes and can be operationalised to deliver sustainable results.
We are looking for a data and analytics savvy business consultant that has a deep understanding of the challenges facing the CPG sector. In particular, someone who has specialised in data and analytics programmes and the value that these bring organisations. Someone who can identify new sources of value from data and can provide the critical link between data science and business stakeholders.
The successful candidate will
- Be part of the Teradata Think Big Analytics Consulting team, working directly with Teradata account teams to develop effective client relationships.
- Leverage industry experience and research to develop a cohesive strategy in the CPG arena.
- Provide direction to account teams on key areas of a customer business to target; based on experience within the CPG industry and the use of data.
- Identify new business opportunities for analytical ecosystem solutions and services and write proposals
- Work with business SMEs to develop high level business requirements for reporting and analytics, then shape these into detailed requirements for analytical ecosystem solutions and services including the data warehouse and data lake.
- Develop presentations and materials to support sales and consulting engagements to senior stakeholders.
- Support the delivery of data and analytics consulting engagements as an industry SME helping to build business cases from insights, as well as carrying out knowledge and IP capture for reuse.
- Work with Teradata’s consulting services organisation and partners to develop relationships in support of the go to market approach.
We seek candidates with a minimum of 10 - 15 years’ experience in the CPG industry with the following skills:
- Preferably, you will have worked for Unilever, directly or indirectly
- Practitioner with hands-on delivery experience and a passion for driving business change through data and analytics projects in the CPG industry.
- Demonstrable track record of initiating and delivering analytical projects that have been embedded in business processes and yielded a positive return.
- Ability to consult with business stakeholders to identify pain points and align to data driven solutions.
- Experience of building business cases based on the application of analytics and converting into live, fully funded projects.
- Ability to tell a story with data, excite business stakeholders on the insight that has been created and articulate the approach to realising business value.
- Credible in front of C level executives and their leadership teams. Have become a trusted advisor, providing direction and best practice in the use of data to achieve business goals.
- Knowledge of data integration, reporting and data visualisation techniques and technologies.
Knowledge of analytical techniques and ability to understand the application of the appropriate technique to the specific business challenge.
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Industry Consultant - Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB