Location: Antony, Ile-de-France FR
Requisition Number: 201854
Position Title: Sales Director (II)
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies from data warehousing to advanced Analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Teradata helps companies get more value from data than any other company. Our big data analytic solutions, integrated marketing applications, and team of experts can help your company gain a sustainable competitive advantage with data. Teradata helps organizations leverage all of their data so they can know more about their customers and business and do more of whats really important. With more than 10,000 professionals in 43 countries, Teradata serves top companies across consumer goods, financial services, retail, healthcare, automotive, communications, travel, hospitality, public services and more. A future-focused company, Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts for technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value. For more information visit www.teradata.com
The Sales Director, (SD) has a direct reporting relationship to the Country Manager. The SD is ultimately responsible for creating demand, qualifying & closing Top prospect accounts across several industries. The SD is directly accountable for driving new revenue growth and profitability of the business. The SD partners closely with the Country Manager to develop and execute annual and long-term strategies to qualify & close Teradata prospects. The SD provides demand creation expertise and thought leadership to the sales teams and helps to articulate and deploy the business strategies throughout their teams. The SD develops the business plan and offers direct support and guidance to the organization as it relates to sales support and resources (people, tools, methodologies and processes).
Areas of Focus:
Sales Leadership: The ability to motivate and empower a sales team to achieve a common goal. This includes providing a shared vision, modeling the way, and challenging the status quo to champion new initiatives. This competency involves providing clear direction, championing change, influencing others, and creating an environment that fosters professional and personal success. Focus is on driving new customer footprints through solution-lead sales, developing local relationships with Partners to expand our coverage of territories and/or solution portfolio and building a sustainable Professional Services Consulting stream.
Sales Coaching and Development: The ability to individually coach, mentor and develop sales associates to enhance their performance. This includes coaching both sales skills and selling strategy. This also includes evaluating performance and providing individual mentoring and development plans. This involves providing strong leadership in sales engagements, ensuring sales directors are accountable for establishing winning sales strategies, shared expectations with Key Decision makers and executing sales engagements.
Managing Sales and Business Results: The ability to effectively manage order/revenue generation and business profitability while meeting strategic business objectives. This includes territory design, demand creation, funnel management, forecasting, resource planning, asset management, pricing decisions and expense control. This also includes an understanding of the meaning and implications of key financial levers that impact overall business performance. This includes the following but is not limited to the following:
- Set, direct, and execute winning sales strategies
- Drive execution of Demand Creation that lead to new accounts & revenue streams
- Assign territories and accounts to sales representatives
- Manage the sales funnel and the line of sight
- Accurately forecast business results/outlook
- Manage budget and expense control
- Leads the Sales organization consisting of Account Executives and supporting organizations in Solution Architects, Consulting Services, Business Consulting, Advanced Analytics and Cloud/On Premise solutions.
- Develops and builds the Sales business plan for the region providing focus in the development of capabilities, including recruiting, investment decisions, pricing, and coaching others in professional development.
- Manages, fosters and grows relationships at the executive level with high visibility prospects across all Tech industry sub-segments.
- Develops strategies and offerings that are relevant to Teradata prospects and allows the practice to evolve ahead of changes in business conditions.
- Develops long-term strategic relationships with key prospects, industry partners, and external organizations.
- Facilitates a work environment that enables the recruitment, development and retention of top talent as a means to drive revenue growth and increased profitability.
- Routinely interface with Sales and Consulting Services Leadership Team (e.g., Consulting Services Managing Partners, Business Consultants, Solution Center Director/Consultants, Pricing and Americas Executives).
- Partner with Human Resources, Learning, Marketing/Communications, and Finance & Accounting Managers/Consultants.
- Ability to work in and lead in a teaming environment is essential.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills are required to gain common ground with prospects, fellow team members, and partners.
- Ability to coordinate all necessary internal resources is critical.
- Challenges of Work and/or Attributes
- Must be results oriented and a “self-starter”.
- Must be able to travel to and meet with all prospects within the entire region.
- Requires a sense of urgency, attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- Creative thinking “outside the box” and a “can do” attitude are necessary.
Skills & Attributes
A successful candidate should be a strategic thinker, self-starter who is creative and driven. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for prospects. The desired candidate should be innovative and skilled at seizing opportunities and transforming strategy into results.
. High school, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience. Highly seasoned professionals with significant experience leading multi-functional teams.
- Minimum of six years of sales management experience (training/development/performance management of sales/consulting team).
- Minimum of three years of Prospect account experience.
- Demonstrated success in managing large account relationships and developing new account opportunities
- Demonstrated success in managing a successful business and P&L supported by a track record of accomplishments.
- Demonstrated success in sales management with 75%+ success record for making personal sales management goals and minimum of 50% of associates achieving objective.
- Strong executive presence and ability to positively present themselves and the Teradata Value Proposition to customers and prospects.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to travel to meet customer requirements.
- Industry knowledge could be obtained from selling into a particular industry or from actually working in a particular industry. Industry knowledge pertains to one’s ability to understand the current business problems that face customers in the industry, staying on top of industry trends, predicting/forecasting possible business problems, and being able to articulate how Teradata solutions can help the customer.
- Hands-on management experience in a number of disciplines such as software development, Professional Services development, information technology and systems development, marketing and sales, operations, financial management, with proven ability to integrate plans.
- Previous experience selling Data and Analytics solutions.
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Director
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Antony, Ile-de-France FR