Location: Madrid, Madrid ES
Requisition Number: 201686
Position Title: PS Consultant (I)
As a Data Scientist , you will perform analysis, and be responsible for implementation and support of large scale data and analytics for our clients. You will work in a team whose data science efforts range from exploration and investigation to design and development of analytic systems. Your technical leadership is extracting meaning from large scale, unstructured data is coupled to your ability to work with engineering teams to integrate and underlying systems as Think Big provides Big Data solutions to clients.
Additional responsibilities will include providing big data solutions for our clients, including analytical consulting, statistical modeling and quantitative solutions. Mentor sophisticated organizations on large scale data and analytics and work closely with client teams to deliver results. You will help translate business cases to clear research projects, be the exploratory or confirmatory, to help our clients utilize data to drive their businesses. Collaborate and communicate across geographically distributed teams and with external clients.
- Coursework in mathematics, statistics, machine learning and data mining.
- Proficiency in R or other math packages (Matlab, SAS, etc.).
- Experience with Java and Python.
- Excellent programming skills in object-oriented languages.
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies.
- Able to estimate time needed to complete assigned tasks and deliver in that time period
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player capable of working in a demanding start-up environment.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Core programming, text file manipulation, and statistics with Numpy, Pandas, Scikit or other approved modules.
- Data frames, data manipulation and objects.
- Command line, pipes and remote terminals.
- Generating data profiles including measures of central tendency, measures of deviation, and correlations in R, Python or other “non-big-data” technologies. Generation of basic charts (e.g. histograms, scatter plots, line charts) for data analysis purposes.
- Generating data profiles including measures of central tendency, measures of deviation, and correlations over Hadoop & Spark or other approved big-data technology. Generation of basic charts (e.g. histograms, scatter plots, line charts) for data analysis purposes.
- Design, develop and implement dashboards & reports using R-Shiny, python Notebooks, Zeppelin or other approved open-source visualization technology.
- Calculating and interpreting ANOVA models, ANCOVA models, hypothesis tests, and confidence intervals.
- Creating and interpreting at least one type of each of these statistical models: GLM, CART, ensembles.
- Creating and interpreting one of these models: k-means, hierarchical agglomerative clustering, or approved other clustering model.
- Able to write technical reports for projects and/or internal collateral for training or internal assets.
- Able to write non-technical documents that describe our offer (or solutions) for non-technical audience. This can include a delivery presentation for non-technical audience, a conference presentation or marketing material.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time working on computers. Must be able to interact and communicate with the client in meetings. Must be able to write programming code in applicable languages. Must be able to write project documentation in English.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent work experience. Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
Job Category: Consulting
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Madrid, Madrid ES