Principal Data Scientist - California
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 201400
Position Title: TB Prin. Data Scientist (I)
Data Scientists at Think Big Analytics help our customers solve some of the most challenging business problems using machine learning and artificial intelligence. We are partners in our customer's success, focusing on delivering insights and value that impact their business. We simplify the complexity around data science, helping C-level executives as well as data science practitioners navigate the highly dynamic field. We are looking for experienced, hard-working and talented Principal Data Scientists with the passion to help businesses have a positive impact the lives of millions of people every day. Join us in our pursuit for wisdom.
- Lead and mentor a distributed team of data scientists and developers to define and execute data science solutions that address client use cases and business requirements
- Business development and sales by engaging prospective clients, developing proposals and guiding sales teams to promote data science consulting
- Perform hands on data exploration and modeling over a variety types of data (e.g. text, sensor, image, audio, etc.) using big data technologies
- Analyze business and operational data to identify and correct business problems
- Simplify and communicate the complex to business leaders
- Develop algorithms, platforms, and re-usable software, services and applications
- Engage brand building activities such as publishing and speaking engagements
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance, or related field.
- 5+ years relevant experience in predictive modeling and analysis.
- 5+ years of experience with machine learning, data mining, and analytics techniques
- 3+ years of experience in R, Python, Weka, SAS, Matlab or other statistical/machine learning software.
- Strong communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing and growing high performing teams in Data Science.
- Ability to travel to client sites as required.
- 5+ years of experience with software development, continuous development/integration, etc.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or Oracle Cloud services (e.g. EC2, S3, EMR, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL, parallel or distributed programming (e.g. Hadoop/Spark)
- Experience with Graphical Processing Units (GPUs) and CUDA programming.
- Experience with one or more of these or similar Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Speech Recognition and Statistical Optimization methods.
- Experience in business development and sales.
- Managing client relationships and leading additional sales activities.
- MS/PhD Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance, or related field.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Data Scientist - California
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US