Sr. Software Engineering Manager - Performance Testing
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204955
Position Title: Sr Manager, Software Engineering
Sr. Software Engineering Manager - Performance Testing
Teradata is seeking a highly skilled Software Engineering Manager for Performance Testing with a strong background in Performance Test Automation and a proven track record for delivering complex and comprehensive performance analysis deliverables associated with the complete software development life cycle for Teradata products, systems and solutions. Deliverables encompass managing a team developing performance benchmarks and pushing performance test assets to CI/CD pipeline. The candidate filling this position is expected to bring thought and technical leadership to the role, including contributions to performance benchmark development incorporating machine learning and data science methodologies like R/Python, and highly complex test plans and specifications, test execution, problem isolation and defect reporting. This position requires significant interaction with data scientists, product management, product engineers, test engineers and test engineering management.
The successful candidate is required to apply expert knowledge in to develop and execute highly complex system level benchmarks which stress the performance of various facets of the Teradata system and warehouse product suite. The candidate will continually seek innovative solutions for coverage, effectiveness and efficiency improvements. The Performance Test team is chartered with Vantage platform system level performance testing; ability to create benchmarks and measure performance of database, analytic functions etc.
Candidate will have leadership responsibilities ranging from individual to small group level planning, execution, issue escalation, project tracking and reporting to Sr Director of Engineering. With an ever-increasing emphasis on innovation and automation, candidates are expected to be key contributors to automation solutions and tools requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage and track work of the team and lead the team from front and being hands-on technically.
- Develop and perform highly complex performance benchmarks in support of Teradata development Life Cycle
- Contribute to highly complex, system test specifications and plans
- Perform problem detection, isolation and reporting activities
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of project status to senior management
- Interface and interact with cross-functional teams including data scientists, product management, test engineers, hardware and software engineers and engineering management
- Contribute to new automation and test tool requirements
- Primary Location: Teradata Rancho Bernardo location in San Diego
Skills & Attributes:
- 5-10 years of Management experience
- Strong hands-on Database knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Jenkins, python/java and SQL
- Proven ability to leverage industry standard test methodologies.
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with local and remote teams
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with strong ability to communicate complex technical information effectively.
- Results oriented with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Advanced ability to apply diagnostic tools and test case development to drive the isolation of code and design defects
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of related work experience in computer science or related discipline or
- S. Master’s degree with 3 years of related work experience in computer science or related discipline or
- PhD with internships and/or 0 years
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Software Engineering Manager - Performance Testing
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US